"Shopping in Mandaluyong" Top 5 Page for this destination Mandaluyong by yellowbell
Mandaluyong Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 340 photos
When I think of Mandaluyong, I think of SHOPPING because it's where Megamall (2nd to the SM Mall of Asia in terms of size) and Shangrila (an upscale mall) are located.
Don't be misled as SM or Shoemart does not only sell shoes. SM Megamall is a 5 or maybe 6 storey-mall with 10 cinemas, 1 bowling alley, 1 ice skating rink, and houses hundreds of restaurants and shops which sell the whole gamut of shoes, bags, clothes, jewelry, computers, books etc. You bet it's chaos all around especially during midnight or payday weekend sale.
Pic taken from Tia Maria Restaurant of Megamall. Between the two buildings of Megamall are restaurants and coffeeshops (smokers can choose to dine al fresco). A stone throw away are the Asian Development Bank and St. Francis Square (discount stalls selling different items).
Shangrila is my favorite weekend hangout place because of the weekend street party and because it's atrium showcases choral singing (like the one on the picture) and ballet shows for free. Film festivals can also be held here for free. I've watched European, French and Chinese film festivals here.
For a quieter mall experience, try the Podium.
- Pros:Shop, watch a movie, eat
Seafood Island and Hula Hula Restaurant belong to the same chain of restaurants serving seafood and barbecue. This... more travel advice
You can choose from the usual studio room (25-30 sqm) and 1 (60-72sqm) -2 bedrooms with kitchen, dining and living room.... more travel advice
yellowbell's Related Pages
Mandaluyong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "How can I describe Mandaluyong City?"
- "Booming Mandaluyong"
- "Shopping in Mandaluyong"
- "The Other Business District and Shopping Area"
- "The geographical center of Metro Manila"
- "Mandaluyong City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mandaluyong
- Hotels in Mandaluyong
- Nightlife in Mandaluyong
- Restaurants in Mandaluyong
- Shopping in Mandaluyong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mandaluyong
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Mandaluyong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mandaluyong
Photos in MandaluyongSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Shi Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos