"The Last Frontier" Top 5 Page for this destination Palawan by yellowbell
Palawan Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 343 photos
Palawan is known as the last frontier because of its diverse fauna and karst mountains unseen in other areas of the Philippines. It was said that the island used to be connected to Borneo.
Most popular among the sites in Puerto Princesa (capital of Palawan) is the St. Paul's Subterranean River (a UNESCO World Heritage Site 1999). It is one of the longest navigable underground rivers in the world, measuring 8 kms. A short banca ride in a torquoise blue Cabayugan river will bring you inside cathedral-like caverns and domes (please see related tip).
I spent 3 days/2 nights in Puerto Princesa. I visited the Butterfly Farm, Crocodile Farm, Iwahig Penal Colony and Palawan Museum.
- Pros:An Enviromentalist's Dream - Clean and Green City
Crocodile Farm was a breeding and research institute for crocs. I was only able to view the longest crocodile captured... more travel advice
Being a UNESCO world heritage listed site, you can't swim in the waters near the St. Paul Subterranean River, Palawan.... more travel advice
yellowbell's Related Pages
Palawan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY"
- "The Last Frontier"
- "Palawan: Treasures & History!"
- "Underground River excursion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palawan
- Hotels in Palawan
- Transportation in Palawan
- Nightlife in Palawan
- Restaurants in Palawan
- Shopping in Palawan
- Warnings and Dangers in Palawan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palawan
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Palawan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palawan
Photos in PalawanSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Shi Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos