"Always will be home.. really" Scotland by frank_delargy
Scotland Travel Guide: 13,907 reviews and 32,791 photos
Many more pictures of Scotland on various trips at Delargy.com
My family moved from Southern California back to Scotland after 35 years away from it. There is just something about the place, it's beauty, it's friendliness, its demure personality, that makes you feel comfortable here. It is not a place of extravagant vistas or heart stopping heights, but more a place of gentle tranquilness combined with the energy of a nation of thinking people.
Scotland has a wonderfully colorful history and lays claim to some of the best natural scenery as well as some of the worlds finest inventions and inventors.
You can see men in kilts.. much more so now than it was a few decades ago. The country has awakened to its own place in world history and has successfully managed to keep abreast of the worlds fast pace toward modernization while maintaining and enhancing its very unique culture.
Och Aye.. It's great tae be hame!
My family lives in Fort William in the the Scottish Highlands, so I have started a page on Fort William to describe some of the great stuff around there and another on the beautiful area around Mull
- Pros:Beautiful, serene, energetic, green
- Cons:midgies and drizzle
- In a nutshell:If you go through life and have not enjoyed the pleasure of Scotland, you have not lived.
That's Highland Cow or Cattle to those of you not accustomed to the accent. The Highland Cow is one of many breeds... more travel advice
When it rains the hills come alive with waterfalls. The moody nature of the weather creates fantastic light when the sun... more travel advice
frank_delargy's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- "BONNIE SCOTLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 31 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
- updated a Scotland Travel Page "Always will be home.. really"
- Posted in Travel State of Sabah Forum "Re: Need help with suggestions..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The beautiful sands of Arisaig beach"
- Wrote a Review Heelan Coo in Scotland Things to Do
- Commented on one of GillianMcLaughlin's Scotland travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monument Valley State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort William Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Island of Mull Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Acton Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Scotland Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Monteverde Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos