Goosenecks State Park Tourist Trap Tips by frank_delargy
Goosenecks State Park Tourist Traps: 1 reviews and 1 photos
A very small amount of the jewelry that the Navaho & Ute Indians 'booths' located at the tourists spots sell is actually made by them. Sometimes you will even see the "made in china" labels in some of the things they have for sale.
If it is machine-stamped, it is almost 100% made overseas.
Unique Suggestions: Now, If you don't mind buying something made in China and feel like you want to support them anyway.. that's fine, but don't assume that because they sell it that they make it.. After all, it takes a lot longer to make it than sell it and how many Navajo do you see making it by the side of the road?
Fun Alternatives: There are some places where you can buy genuine Navajo jewelry.. but.. it will cost more than the '3 for $10' variety.
Here is a webpage that discusses the ins & outs of Indian Jewelry.
More Reviews (5)
frank_delargy's Related Pages
Goosenecks State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Valley of the Gods - Goosenecks - Monument Valley"
- "Goosenecks. A Hidden Gem!"
- "Mexican Hat, the Goosenecks and Valley of the Gods"
- "Part Of The Grand Circle...."
- "Dainty necks"
- "GOOSENECKS STATE PARK, UTAH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goosenecks State Park
- Hotels in Goosenecks State Park
- Transportation in Goosenecks State Park
- Restaurants in Goosenecks State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Goosenecks State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goosenecks State Park
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Goosenecks State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goosenecks State Park
- updated a Goosenecks State Park Travel Page "Valley of the Gods - Goosenecks - Monument Valley"
- Posted in Travel State of Sabah Forum "Re: Need help with suggestions..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Valley of the Gods - Goosenecks - Monument Valley"
- Wrote a Review A wonderful view from the rim in Goosenecks State Park Things to Do
Photos in Goosenecks State ParkSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monument Valley State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort William Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Island of Mull Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Acton Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Scotland Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Monteverde Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos