"Valley of the Gods - Goosenecks - Monument Valley" Goosenecks State Park by frank_delargy
Goosenecks State Park Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 39 photos
Definitely worth the 17 mile trip We passed 2 cars going the opposite direction.. One on a blind curve / blind hill combination!
Large (scrollable) version of the picture at
check it out!
You just can't believe how big a hole you just drove up to.. A million years of the river cutting straight down. Fortunately, it was a meandering river when the ground started rising, so we get to see a wonderful sight.
Larger scrollable version of picture at
Definitely worth a click.
Another 17 mile drive.. Go at sunset. We were lucky enough to have a full moon rising, but unlucky enough to only see a few minutes of it before the clouds obscured it. You must go here!
I have added a Monument Valley VT page
- Pros:Easy to get to, if you are in the area. Grand Canyon without the crowds.
- Cons:Vertigo :)
- In a nutshell:No crowds, awesome scenery, breathtaking panorama and lots of sunshine.
You take a short drive from the main road, maybe 2 miles and when the road stops, you get out the car and look down at... more travel advice
Goosenecks is off the beaten path for most folks, but the road through the Valley of the Gods is even less traveled and... more travel advice
frank_delargy's Related Pages
Goosenecks State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Valley of the Gods - Goosenecks - Monument Valley"
- "Goosenecks. A Hidden Gem!"
- "Mexican Hat, the Goosenecks and Valley of the Gods"
- "Part Of The Grand Circle...."
- "Dainty necks"
- "GOOSENECKS STATE PARK, UTAH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goosenecks State Park
- Hotels in Goosenecks State Park
- Transportation in Goosenecks State Park
- Restaurants in Goosenecks State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Goosenecks State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goosenecks State Park
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Goosenecks State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goosenecks State Park
- Posted in Travel State of Sabah Forum "Re: Need help with suggestions..."
- updated a Goosenecks State Park Travel Page "Valley of the Gods - Goosenecks - Monument Valley"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Valley of the Gods - Goosenecks - Monument Valley"
- Wrote a Review A wonderful view from the rim in Goosenecks State Park Things to Do
Photos in Goosenecks State ParkSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monument Valley State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort William Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Island of Mull Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Acton Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Scotland Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Monteverde Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos