"New England Suburb.. good schools, next to Concord" Acton by frank_delargy

Acton Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 12 photos

Acton, Mass

I live in a town about 20 miles northwest of Boston. It is surrounded by and touches each of the following communities; Concord, Carlisle, Westford, Littleton, Boxborough, Stow and Maynard.
In November 2004, there were a few sightings of a "Mountain Lion". They aren't even supposed to live around here! I have had a moose run through the back yard and a couple of years ago the fox pictured above had her 8 cubs in the neighbors yard, but these things are rare.
I believe that after all the excitement wore down, the mountain lion was downgraded to a big dog.. but then a moose started to be seen :-)
What's next .. Reindeer & Santa Claus!

Part of the revolution - Acton Minutemen

There is a road that runs through my neighborhood that was taken by the locals toward Concord to participate in the start of the revolutionary war. I guess they were the Acton Minutemen.. 'ready in a minute' I can hear them now: "in a minute dear" :-)

• Pros:it's home after all
  • Cons:my commute
  • In a nutshell:Old New England town morphed into exburbia
  • Intro Updated Feb 18, 2006

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 12:35 AM

My parents have seen a Cougar walking down the road in front of their house in Michigan...not to mention the deer, bald eagles, and bear (in their woods). Here in Athens, I saw a fox just this week two blocks from my house! Long life the animals:)

• Vikingwoman's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 9:26 AM

I realy like the cat ! Lol lol lol, Greetigs from Hebbe

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 5:39 PM

Acton's a nice place, I looked at several condos there before settling on the one I bought in Franklin. Cheers...keep an eye out for the mountain lion, and the squirrels!

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 7:11 AM

A squirrel party! Great, would love to be there!

• flyingkiwi's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 7:55 PM

Lol! That is fantastic! If LFK ever comes by Boston I'll be sure to send him your way! It would be great for him to meet his distant cousin! :-)

• Jan 5, 2005 at 4:23 PM

Just wanted to check out your town. Now if I go ...I have to watch for dangerous mountain dogs, herds of squirrels, and cats that think they are ?chipmunks? (is that what that is?) ;~D

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 3:10 AM

wow, for a newbie at VT-you're building up your pages fast! congratulations! and thanks for sharing :-)

• kielorla's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 1:42 PM

Gosh i will never let my hammie near your cat. The pic is so cute, it seems like it up to something no good hahaha :P

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 10:21 AM

Thanks for checking out my homepage . I actually work in Acton ( West London !!)

frank_delargy

“The most important things in life are not 'things'”

Badges & Stats in Acton