"Iceland - A long Stopover" Iceland by frank_delargy
Iceland Travel Guide: 5,616 reviews and 16,744 photos
We planned to fly from Boston to Scotland on IcelandAir and it costs nothing to stop off for a day or 2, so . what the heck.. Why not.. Actually having been in the Keflavik Airport near Reykjavik about a dozen times previously, each time saying.. "next time I will get out and explore" .. it was a relief to take the time to 'explore' Iceland before we went on to Scotland.
However, when you start a trip in the middle of summer at about 2 AM and it is like 'daylight', you kinda end up doing a lot of driving spaced out! It's a blessing that traffic in Iceland is .. well.. non-existent outside of Reykjavik and even then, it is like driving through a city at 4 AM. Heck.. for all I know .. maybe we were!
As we were in Iceland in August it never got dark, so guess what, we never saw any 'Northern Lights' Maybe someone can tell me if it is worth it to go to Iceland in the winter.
Well, We decided to try it. We are going to do a 1 day stop-over in February. If it's clear and we are very very lucky, we may get to see the northern lights.
Check out my Gullfoss page for more info on some waterfalls in Iceland.
I will have to admit that waterfalls have been a passion of mine through the years. Big ones, little ones.. Iceland has lots of fantastic big ones.
More at http://delargy.com .
- Pros:easy to get to, if you fly IcelandAir from US to Europe
- Cons:Honestly cannot think of any
- In a nutshell:Worth a trip to see the waterfalls, lava flows and geysers
In Iceland there is a universal emergency services telephone number equivalent to "911" in the US. In an emergency, dial... more travel advice
I use IcelandAir as an economic way to get from Boston, USA to Glasgow, Scotland on a somewhat regular basis. I took... more travel advice
frank_delargy's Related Pages
Iceland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ICELAND - THE LAND OF ICE AND FIRE."
- "From Seyðisfjörður to Seyðisfjörður"
- "Incredible ICELAND"
- "A land of Fire, water and ice!"
- "Surprising Iceland!"
- "Iceland: small wonder!"
- "a childhood dream come true at last"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iceland
- Hotels in Iceland
- Transportation in Iceland
- Nightlife in Iceland
- Restaurants in Iceland
- Shopping in Iceland
- Warnings and Dangers in Iceland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iceland
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Iceland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iceland
- Posted in Travel State of Sabah Forum "Re: Need help with suggestions..."
- updated a Iceland Travel Page "Iceland - A long Stopover"
- Commented on one of aramat's Iceland travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Iceland - A long Stopover"
- Wrote a Review Alternative to dial 911 or dial 999 Emergency # in Iceland Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monument Valley State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort William Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Island of Mull Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Acton Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Scotland Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Monteverde Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos