"Political, Educated, Historic, Natural & Liberal" Massachusetts by frank_delargy
Massachusetts Travel Guide: 7,271 reviews and 16,355 photos
It's what I call home these days. Having lived here for the last 25 or so years, I have had a chance to explore it and get to know it pretty well. I hope to add information here and in the tips section to help you plan a trip to this state and hopefully to take advantage of a lot of what it has to offer.
Winter is a time for being active outdoors or exploring the many cultural and social events indoors. The towns throughout the state fill up their church halls and barns with dances, concerts and lectures all winter long.
National Parks in Mass
The Official State web site
As it warms up and the snow melts, you can smell the earth and hear the streams. The animals are hurrying to find mates and the Red Sox are building expectations. The beaches become full again, mostly. The students go home and the commute gets easier.
You see your neighbors outside again and say hi.
Fall is the season that we get most tourists. Not surprising really when you think of how wonderful the weather is and how gorgeous the leaves are. Be sure to get off the main roads and explore the western part of the state.
It can be beautiful and is the time for indoor activities and things you can do with snow.
- Pros:Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, nature, history
- Cons:Maybe winter is a tad too long :-)
- In a nutshell:Lot's to see and do in a small state.
frank_delargy's Related Pages
Massachusetts Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Birthplace of America: Massachusetts"
- "Berkshires and Lowell off the beaten path"
- "Massachusettes, so many things to do......"
- "MASSACHUSETTS, USA"
- "From Stockbridge to Boston"
- "The little corner of the globe I call home..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massachusetts
- Hotels in Massachusetts
- Transportation in Massachusetts
- Nightlife in Massachusetts
- Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Shopping in Massachusetts
- Warnings and Dangers in Massachusetts
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Massachusetts
- 22 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Massachusetts?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massachusetts
- Posted in Travel State of Sabah Forum "Re: Need help with suggestions..."
- updated a Massachusetts Travel Page "Political, Educated, Historic, Natural & Liberal"
- Uploaded a Photo to "French King Bridge over the Connecticut River"
- Wrote a Review French King Bridge over the Connecticut River in Massachusetts Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monument Valley State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort William Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Island of Mull Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Acton Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Scotland Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Monteverde Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Top Massachusetts hotels
- Boston Hotels
- 3741 Reviews - 7868 Photos
- Hull Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Provincetown Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 336 Photos
- Danvers Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 29 Photos
- Hyannis Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Cambridge Hotels
- 323 Reviews - 584 Photos
- West Yarmouth Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Medford Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 6 Photos
- South Yarmouth Hotels
- 1 Review
- Lee Hotels
- 3 Reviews
- Fairhaven Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Dennis Port Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos
- Plymouth Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 239 Photos
- Plum Island Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Chatham Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 58 Photos