"A home away from home" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort William by frank_delargy

Fort William Travel Guide: 209 reviews and 381 photos

Living, working & shopping in the Highlands

Fort William is situated in the middle of some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. It is a smallish town, but is the population center between Glasgow and Inverness. My family lives here and I did at one time too.
More Scotland at Scotland .

Some of the best scenery in the whole wide world!

Within walking distance of Ft William is some of the best scenery in the world. It's a walkers paradise.

• Pros:Fantastic location, good amenities
  • Cons:can be very touristy
  • In a nutshell:Heart of the Highlands
  • Last visit to Fort William: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 20, 2010

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2010 at 12:47 AM

What a lovely area to visit, and wonderful reflection photo's! Don't think I would be game enough to cross on the cable bridge!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Nice look threw the Nevis Glens with wonderful descriptions = I could never be brave enough to cross the bridge although I have seen it!!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Stunning photos...I loved this page! But then I love Scotland. Only drove through Fort William on a tour bus, wish we had stopped! Also loved the tip on the tree...Cheers

• weewatty's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 5:09 PM

Is this not hellish, I have lived in Scotland all my life and have never been to Fort William, i forget how beatiful our country is sometimes. I am gonnae rectify this ASAP!!! Haste Ye Back Frank.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 9:55 AM

great infos and lovely pics ! Scotland is such a beautiful country !

• Sileas's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 2:53 AM

lovely page on Fort William. I used to live there, too.... makes me kind of homesick...

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 4:27 AM

Great tips Frank - they balance my more hard edged tips! Superb pictures - realistic and beautiful. (Readers of this comment - Frank is right, the road to Mallaig is stunningly beautiful - so much better than taking the Skye bridge.)

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2005 at 11:36 AM

Planning a visit this year -- I'll look out for the lone tree on the rock! -- very nice page, thanks.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 1:04 PM

Great page! I loved all the pics; Scotland is soooooo beautiful. I loved the reflection album! Well done! Nat

frank_delargy Used To Live Here!

frank_delargy

“The most important things in life are not 'things'”

Badges & Stats in Fort William

Have you been to Fort William?

Latest Activity in Fort William