"Twents" Delden by northeast80
Delden Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 41 photos
Well I'd never heard of Delden until I met a guy in a hostel in Brisbane, we've now been going out for just over a year and I'm starting to learn Dutch and have visited three times, my next visit is in two weeks.
Delden is a lovely town, with an old history. It has a Salt Museum, a Castle, lots of lovely walks around the area, even has a little port, lots of art galleries, for a place of it's size, about 8000 people. Close to the big cities of Enschede, Almelo and Hengelo. Only a 15 min drive to Germany for picking up cheaper beer.
There's lots of farms around this area, lots of corn and some cattle, the river Twickle is a great place for walking the dogs and cycling, there's a current craze for Nordic walking, we really don't understand this, as like a lot of the Netherlands, it's very flat, better off sticking to the bike.
northeast80's Related Pages
Delden Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Delden
- Hotels in Delden
- Restaurants in Delden
- Shopping in Delden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delden
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Delden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delden
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 25 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grasmere Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Australia Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Leeds Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos