"Totaly tropical taste" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Tribulation by northeast80
Cape Tribulation Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 164 photos
Heading up from Port Douglas is the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation.
There are some magnificent birds in the area, and if you are lucky (or maybe not so lucky) you may see some crocodiles. Generally crocodiles are around between April-September, when the weather is cooler, and they can lie on the river banks. We took a tour out an a boat, I'll write a tip about this.
To get up you have to cross over a river on a pully boat and pay a toll, we stayed in huts at Crocodilyus at Cow Bay, another tip about that coming.
Remember your insect repellant and if you don't like creepy crawlies don't come up here! We saw plenty of insects, spiders, snakes and lizards.
Remember it you see a cane toad, stamp on it. There's lots of them up here and, if you don't know this, they are a national past, introduced into the country they are thriving with no natural predators and harming the natural environment.
If you want to go any further North that this you will need either a 4WD or book a tour, I would love to come back to this part of the world and do such a thing.
It cost us AU$23 per night sharing a 6 bed tent/hut. You really felt like an explorer. I loved this place, you were... more travel advice
northeast80's Related Pages
Cape Tribulation Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Tribulation,Daintree Rainforest."
- "Cape Tribulation"
- "Cape Tribulation - Stunning Beaches & Rainforest"
- "Totaly tropical taste"
- "End of the (paved) road"
- "Cape Tribulation - Daintree Rainforest"
- "CAPE TRIBULATION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Tribulation
- Hotels in Cape Tribulation
- Transportation in Cape Tribulation
- Nightlife in Cape Tribulation
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Tribulation
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Tribulation
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Cape Tribulation?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Tribulation
Photos in Cape TribulationSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 25 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grasmere Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Australia Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Leeds Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos