"Llanelli" Llanelli by northeast80
Llanelli Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 10 photos
Llanelli (translates as Church of St. Elli) is a small town on the mouth of the River Loughor, 13 miles west of Swansea. It's a great base if you want to explore the Bury Estury
Historically it's been a producre of tin and coal, which you can still feel in its industrial edges which was a large factor in its 1970/80's downturn when all the factories closed.
Llanelli is also home to the National Wetland Centre Wales.
I only stayed here for one night, a few of us went for a friend's 40th Birthday party.
We drove across from Bristol along the M4, there were speed restrictions and the Severn bridge cost £5.50 per car. You only have to pay on your way into Wales, the way back it's free.
We stayed at the Thomas Arms and the party was in the New Dock Stars Rugby Club just over a mile away.
The taxis are so cheap! Half our party got in one, he took them to the hotel, then came back for the rest of us and came into the venue to find us. You wouldn't get that kind of service in Bristol. It only cost about £4.50.
To celebrate the building of the new Scarlets' rugby stadium you can buy an engraved brick! We did so for my friend's... more travel advice
northeast80's Related Pages
Llanelli Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Llanelli
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Llanelli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Llanelli
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 25 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grasmere Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Australia Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Leeds Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos