"Ferguson Valley" Donnybrook by northeast80

Donnybrook Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 20 photos

22nd April 2006, my Birthday
Sorry I had to find the nearest place that was in the VT place names.
Woke up at Honeymoon Pools and had a nice walk around, drove to Potters Gorge with good views of the Wellington Reservoir and Dam.
Oh now Gnomesville, this has to be kept a secret, it's too good to spoil. A lady started it up by putting some rugby gnomes in the middle of a roundabout, some yobs destroyed them so the locals decided to defy them and start a new collcetion in a forest area beside the roundabout. Now there are hundereds, if not thousands of them all with witty names, I even found one from my home town.
It was paticulary amusing when a group of bikers turned up, only to go to find their favourite gnomes.

We stoped at the King Jarrah Tree, which didn't seem that different from all the other tall trees around.
We just had to stop off at King Tree Wines to try a few, well 6. And again at Hackersley Estate Winery, tried 8 here, where we chatted to a Dutch woman for a while (Frank, the guy I was travelling with is Dutch). Then we moved onto St. Aidens Wines where we were given very large portions and tried about 9.
We drove through, well I didn't drive, Dardanup, Boyanup to Donnybrook and got some much needed food in and asked a guy where was free to camp and he told us of a place near the river, which we duly found, set up camp lit a fire, ate and drank like kings, all in all a fantastic Birthday.

• Last visit to Donnybrook: Apr 2006
  • Intro Written Nov 10, 2006

northeast80

“Everyone dies, not everyone lives”

Badges & Stats in Donnybrook

Have you been to Donnybrook?

Latest Activity in Donnybrook