"Platypus Spotting" Top 5 Page for this destination Mackay by northeast80

Mackay Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 124 photos

I took the Greyhound from Arlie Beach to Mackay, the stop was quite a walk from the coach stop, well it was in the heat and with a huge ruck-sack and full green bag.
I stayed in Mackay for around three nights at the YHA, one day I did a platypus spotting tour which as great, more than just a trip to see them, I also met up with a friend I'd met in Cairns so we deceded to keep on travelling.
That's a huge thing I learnt from my travel, to not plan ahead; I'd bought a coach ticket from Cairns to Sydney and hardly used it at all from Cairns to Brisbane.
I'd love to go back and see a bit more, the platypus trip gave me just a taste for the landscape around, and looking at other VT-ers pages too shows how there's a lot more to see around here.

• Last visit to Mackay: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 25, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Happy that you saw the elusive Platypus in the wild, they are often hard to see! Ice creams, I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't have my mixed flavours, that is the best part, deciding what to choose!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 7:18 AM

Hello Emma...interesting reading about my home town. Not many VTers have been here. Never been to the Flaggy Rock gardens but have heard about them...take care and cheers.

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 3:18 PM

some of those loos are disgusting arent they? ..I didnt know you couldnt mix your icecream flavours in the UK...theres a new business for you!!!! LOL

northeast80

“Everyone dies, not everyone lives”

Badges & Stats in Mackay