"Platypus Spotting" Top 5 Page for this destination Mackay by northeast80
Mackay Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 124 photos
I took the Greyhound from Arlie Beach to Mackay, the stop was quite a walk from the coach stop, well it was in the heat and with a huge ruck-sack and full green bag.
I stayed in Mackay for around three nights at the YHA, one day I did a platypus spotting tour which as great, more than just a trip to see them, I also met up with a friend I'd met in Cairns so we deceded to keep on travelling.
That's a huge thing I learnt from my travel, to not plan ahead; I'd bought a coach ticket from Cairns to Sydney and hardly used it at all from Cairns to Brisbane.
I'd love to go back and see a bit more, the platypus trip gave me just a taste for the landscape around, and looking at other VT-ers pages too shows how there's a lot more to see around here.
I booked my tour through the Larrikin Lodge YHA, costing AU$59. We left at 11.30am and passed by the sugar cane... more travel advice
northeast80's Related Pages
Mackay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mackay means Beaches"
- "Platypus Spotting"
- "Mackay & the Whitsundays"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mackay
- Hotels in Mackay
- Transportation in Mackay
- Nightlife in Mackay
- Restaurants in Mackay
- Shopping in Mackay
- Warnings and Dangers in Mackay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mackay
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Mackay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mackay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 25 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grasmere Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Australia Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Leeds Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos