"Wine food and wine" Saint-Gilles by northeast80
Saint-Gilles Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 10 photos
I've just got back from an 8 night stay with a friends family in St. Gilles and it was fantastic. Such a lovely setting and very close to all the larger towns of the area; Changy, Beaune and Dijon.
In the town itself there's an apparently excellent cafe/restaurant which also sells daily bread, there's the Chateau on the top of the hill, wineries all around, walks and bike rides all along the canal and river. There's also some old standing stones to see too.
My friends relations have been living there for about 12 years and they love it, from what I saw the community feeling there is like nothing else I've seen. Everyone knows each other, is always looking out for each other, they have about 6 event during the year for the whole village to take part in, payment for things is taken in fruit/vegis or wine/spirts. The children are lovely, very well behaved and will talk to you like an adult and you are expected to treat them, well not as an adult but not as a child either, if that makes sense.
From what my friend says the village is very different from even 5 years ago, people seem to be taking care of the exterior of their buildings as before all concentration was on the interior.
northeast80's Related Pages
Saint-Gilles Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Gilles
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Saint-Gilles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Gilles
Photos in Saint-GillesSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 25 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grasmere Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Australia Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Leeds Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos