"Bali is a paradise for the whole family" Bali by nezz
Bali Travel Guide: 6,300 reviews and 15,209 photos
DON'T MISS OUR OTHER PAGES*
OUR FAMILY HOLIDAY in BALI..2007
We are frequent visitors to Bali but had not been for 2 & a half years. In Jan 2010 we returned and were welcomed with open arms by the gentle people of this wonderful island that is only a 3 hour 15min flight away from Perth. Once again we stayed on Sanur side of the island , a quieter side but it's like home to us. We know the streets very well and are not bothered by any sellers as you walk along. After a day or two people know that you are just walking even though they do not understand our obsession with walking . The beach market sellers are really the only ones that give you a bit of grief but after a few days they too leave you alone.
The last five days we stayed in Legian at the Jayakarta Apartments. Great price good spot for shopping but we really missed the peace and quiet of Sanur.
The Pathway along Sanur Beach leads you to many restaurants & market stalls. The Beach Cafe is great to catch your breath, grab a bite & a nice cold drink. Before you run the gauntlet of locals trying to sell you tshirts, hairbraiding , manicures & massages. The pathway along the beach has been totally upgraded in the last 3 years and the beachfront restaurants have had facelifts.
Our family checked out villa accommodation in Sanur . We fell in love with the Ajanta Villas and had a tour . We will definitely return to stay at these villas one day
- Pros:Close to Perth, cheap food & shopping
- Cons:Kuta is just too crazy for kids & grandmas
- In a nutshell:Paradise just 3 & a half hours from home
If the guy from Bizarre Foods rocked up to Bali he would most definitely visit this place... more travel advice
nezz's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 39 Reviews
- 92 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
- Posted in Travel Bali Forum "Re: Accommodation and Area"
- updated a Bali Travelogue "PARADISE FOUND"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bali is a paradise for the whole family"
- Wrote a Review Very Interesting coffee beans Kopi luwak in Bali Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Bali
- Commented on one of goldcoaster's Bali travel pages
Videos in BaliSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanur Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ban Kamala Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Penang Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Perth Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Bali Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Geelong Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Singaraja Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (47)
Top Bali hotels
- Jimbaran Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Kuta Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 724 Photos
- Ubud Hotels
- 520 Reviews - 1297 Photos
- Sanur Hotels
- 105 Reviews - 228 Photos
- Denpasar Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 137 Photos
- Uluwatu Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 641 Photos
- Bali Hotels
- 666 Reviews - 1602 Photos
- Karangasem Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Tabanan Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Gianyar Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Singaraja Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Bedugul Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Danau Tamblingan Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Klungkung Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 36 Photos
- Pulau Nusadua Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 96 Photos