"BUSSELTON" Top 5 Page for this destination Busselton by nezz

Busselton Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 146 photos

EASTER GETAWAY IN BUSSELTON

This Easter for the first time in a while both my husband & I had time off to go away. We chose Busselton one of our favourite getaways in the South West. We are biased because my sister and her family have lived there for 5 years now so we are very lucky to get a free bed. Regardless of that we always have a great time.
My sister has over 100 acres of farmland half-way between Capel & Busselton so we feel as if we have had a real break from the "rat race" when we stay with her.

THERE'S ALWAYS JOBS TO DO

It's amazing, at home my kids hate doing their chores and have to be reminded often. On the farm in Busselton they love doing their cousins chores and often fight over who is going to check the olive trees for broken ties. The olives have only been planted for 18 months & regularly need re-tying to keep them growing straight. I think its because they love to drive the quad bike.

DON'T FORGET THE CHICKENS

What is about kids & chickens? My 9 yr old nephew wanted chickens when they bought the property and finally this year his dream has come true. Everyday he is out there talking to them , making sure they are comfortable checking for eggs. They have a lovely new pen so that they can roam free among the fiut trees during the day. They also have a nice safe home for night. There were some crows trying to steel the eggs while we were there. Didn't know you needed a scarecrow for your chook pen?

• Pros:Quieter laid back town, great beaches & close to all those vineyards
  • Cons:Only the fact that real estate is so expensive now, can't affford to move there myself
  • In a nutshell:Friendly relaxed town great piece of WA coastline
  • Last visit to Busselton: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2006

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2008 at 2:37 PM

I really liked Busselton too. Have a great start into 2009 Sandra! Lots of love health and happiness for the New Year!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 8:43 AM

What a grand place to spend an Easter Holiday. Sweet photographs of the children.

nezz Visits Here Frequently!

nezz

“Life is too short to stay home and worry about how safe it is to travel”

Badges & Stats in Busselton

Have you been to Busselton?

Latest Activity in Busselton