"THIS IS ACTUALLY MY LOVINA PAGE" Singaraja by nezz
Singaraja Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 42 photos
Lovina, is a 12km stretch of beach just west of Singaraja . We stayed here in Jan 2007 at the Rambutan Boutique hotel situated in the village of Kalibukbuk. It felt like we had stepped back in time. This is the Bali we fell in love with 20 years ago. The area feels like a village not a thriving tourist destination like most of the southern part of the island. In fact any local will tell you that tourists are not travelling the 90km from the airport to the north of the island. This is a great pity as I think it well worth the 2.5 to 3 hour drive to see a totally different side to this magical land. The added advantage is there are plenty of places to stop on the way up to Lovina.
The locals in Lovina rely on two sources of income. The primary source comes from the sea. Lovina is a village that relies on fishing & dolphin watching. The beach is lined with many boats waiting to take anyone out. You can snorkel and see bright blue starfish on a reef not too far from shore. Or take an early morning ride out to see schools of dolphins frolicking and playing. Secondly the income is from tourists, mainly European tourists that come to lay in the sun and escape their bitter winters. The area has a large range of accommodation available to suit all budgets. Along with this is a great selection of restaurants, shops, stalls and of course the ever present beach sellers.
A great love of mine while on holiday is to find that perfect spot to end the day. Bali is always a reliable source of great sunset pics to take home to while away the winter months and tease all my friends with. Lovina is no exception, in fact I'd go as far as saying that it is one of the best ways to end a day. Sitting at a beachfront restaurant watching the locals playing volleyball while the sun sets behind a row of fishing boats. Cold cocktail or Bintang and some of the delicious balinese food. Magic......
- Pros:A peaceful and relaxing side to Bai
- Cons:A very long drive from the airport
- In a nutshell:Lovina should not be overlooked by tourists
One of the best ways to end the day in Lovina is at the Happy Hour at the Tropis Club Restaurant. The drinks are nice... more travel advice
My daughter Amy got a mask & snorkel for xmas and was dying to try it out . My husband took her snorkelling in a local... more travel advice
nezz's Related Pages
Singaraja Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North coast of Bali"
- "THIS IS ACTUALLY MY LOVINA PAGE"
- "LOVINA BEACHES CLOSE TO SINGARAJA.."
- "a different side of Bali"
- "Escaping place could be extremely quite!"
- "A Picture of Singaraja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singaraja
- Hotels in Singaraja
- Transportation in Singaraja
- Restaurants in Singaraja
- Warnings and Dangers in Singaraja
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singaraja
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Singaraja?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singaraja
Photos in SingarajaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanur Intro, 66 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ban Kamala Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Bali Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Perth Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Phuket Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Geelong Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Rockingham Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Singaraja Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos