"Life Begins at Retirement" Herndon by olddude
Herndon Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 152 photos
As I said on my Okinawa page, I have finally retired and I have made Herndon Virginia my new home. It is a lovely small community that is really a part of of the larger Washington DC metro area. Population is about 25,000 and is located about 10 minutes from the Washington-Dulles International Airport (makes travel very convienant for me:)).
My first impression is that it reminds me somewhat of Monterey California with it's styles of architecture and plethora of resturaunts. It is also located in one of the wealthiest counties in America; again, like Monterey. This means that there is a lot of activities available for the locals and the tourists. Plus the surrounding communities of Reston, Fairfax, and Ashburn (to name a few) have their fair share of entertainment as well. Stay tuned as I explore this place and get settled into my new home.
- Pros:None-snobbbish upper middle class community that is clean and well kept
- Cons:high cost of living
- In a nutshell:There is something for everyone
Looking for something different to do if you don't mind a little drive in the country to get there? Then you have to... more travel advice
Another great thing to do if you happen to be west of the Washington DC metro area is to visit one of the many wineries... more travel advice
olddude's Related Pages
Herndon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice Stays Close to The Airport and the City"
- "Life Begins at Retirement"
- "Herndon's Charms"
- "The Hotel brought us here!"
- "Herndon VA - Suburb of Washington D.C."
- "Herndon, VA"
- "My home 2000/2001"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Herndon
- Hotels in Herndon
- Transportation in Herndon
- Nightlife in Herndon
- Restaurants in Herndon
- Warnings and Dangers in Herndon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Herndon
- 11 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Herndon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herndon
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 17 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okinawa Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Okinawa City Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Herndon Intro, 11 reviews, 3 photos
- South Korea Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Maryland Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Guam 1 review, 2 photos
- Washington D.C. 2 reviews
- Georgia 1 review