"... that Scotland sure is Bonnie !" Scotland by poons
Scotland Travel Guide: 12,256 reviews and 26,491 photos
An overnight sleeper train from Stafford to Aberdeen, arriving at 08:00.
Meeting up with VT Members Rusket & Backpackermoose, we have a VT mobile organised and take to the road.
..... and this is where the road took us.
VT members I had the pleasure of meeting in Scotland (and links to their own Scotland pages if they have them):
Backpackermoose, co48, dila, eden_teuling, flexdream, hanoun, Igraine, Myfanwe, nhcram, RaHeNi, ricky52 (& MrsRicky), Rusket, sachara, Stephanie (& Gerry), Suet, TravellingSpirit, Benazer, Hevbell & Oxymoron
Well I failed the mission I am sad to say. I never did find a Scotsman wearing a kilt in order for me to find out !!!
.... but I can reveal that it is purple pants that a Halifax man wears under his kilt. (sorry Ricky, I couldn't resist) *she says tittering*
.... that is the most northerly point of Mainland Britain.
Dunnet Head is a few miles westward along the Coast from John O Groats.
What an awesome coastline it is too ! Was WILD AND BEAUTIFUL on the day we visited (high winds, and the sunshine breaking through cracks in stormy clouds).
poons' Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Scotland: fascinating and impressive"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 1 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Is poons the last woman..."
- Commented on one of co48's Scotland travel pages
- Wrote a Review You just cannot escape Steve Irwin tributes in Scotland Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "You just cannot escape Steve Irwin tributes"
- updated a Scotland Travel Page "... that Scotland sure is Bonnie !"
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 11 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 52 photos, 8 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 2 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marbella Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- York Intro, 1 review, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 1 review, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
Top Scotland hotels
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1967 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3356 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos
- Ayr Hotels
- 157 Reviews - 244 Photos
- Oban Hotels
- 168 Reviews - 312 Photos
- Inverness Hotels
- 329 Reviews - 731 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 110 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Fort William Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Aviemore Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 77 Photos
- Stirling Hotels
- 243 Reviews - 726 Photos
- Kingussie Hotels
- 17 Hotels
- Peebles Hotels
- 16 Hotels
- Dunfermline Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 186 Photos
- Strathpeffer Hotels
- 8 Hotels
- Stornoway Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 73 Photos