"Thank you for a fantastic Euromeet2010 ..." poons's Profile
A Passion for People and Places?
Then we have all certainly come to the right place !
In between trips, VT helps to keep me sane by taking me along on a virtual rollercoaster of other members adventures! I also, now and then, have the pleasant company of some great VT friends for real life adventures too.
Happily chucked in at the deep end for my very first VT meeting/roadtrip in Jan. 2006 - "VT Crazies on a Crazy Road Trip"
Duration: 7 days - 6 countries, 5 VT meetings.
Itinerary: *Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Poland, England
* I was not present at the Finland get together.
If you wish, please take a look at my Europe travelogues where I have documented, as best I could, the 7 day VT Road Trip (also more write-ups, photos & tips in the respective country pages).
The picture here is my favourite from the Road Trip. It is from a quaint little Border Railway Station in a place called Gudogay in the region of Hrodzyenskaya Voblasts, Belarus.
Back Row L to R: Bodx, Rusket, Razmataac, Poons & Raytor
Up front: Cachaseiro
(and hidden away somewhere warm are our VT mascots and sweethearts Backpackermoose & Munga)
Feb/March : Munich, Germany
April : Berlin, Germany
May : Spain (Marbella - 2nd European VT meeting
Visiting also: Ronda & Gibraltar
July : Denmark (Copenhagen Summer VT weekend) & Sweden
September : Bonnie Scotland (4 day road trip with VT Member Rusket followed by 2 days of 2 VT meetings in Glasgow & Edinburgh).
Mid-December : Being blown off the Pier in Brighton (one of VT member Pickledonions bright ideas! ;o).
Firstly to London to meet Poochie (spgood301); Sat/Sun to Brighton
, and then back to London on Monday to soak up the Christmas atmosphere of the City.
Jan: DAO's York Winter Warmer VT Meeting
Mar/Apr: A return to Denmark (Copenhagen & Helsingor) and a day trip to Sweden (Helsinborg)
May: At last will get to Ireland. My Brother and I will be visiting for a family occasion in Limerick, then taking a couple of days to explore and see where the road takes us. Knowing me, more than likely will be the West Coast.
21 days in June An adventure in Russia
Moscow, Vladimir, Suzdal, Perm, Krasnoyarsk, Ulan Ude, Ivolginsk Datsan (the centre of Russian Buddhism)], Irkutsk, Lake Baikal - aka The Blue Eye of Siberia (this planets deepest (5371ft) and most ancient lake), Listvyanka, Bol'shiye Kote, St. Petersburg
Just Russia! ... and days spent on the Trans Siberian Trains
Nov: off up to Gillybob's Manchester Christmas Markets
May: Krakow, Poland for VT Euromeet 2010
June: Lviv, Ukraine for Part II Euromeet 2010
10 further days in June: Road-tripping Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic & back for more of Poland with Gillybob, Suet & Suvanki
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 52 Reviews
- 635 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Euro Tour 2006 comes to Riga"
- poons and EuromeetKrakow2010 are now friends.
- Commented on cachaseiro's profile page
- updated a Krakow Travelogue "Virtual Tourist faces: Euromeet 2010 (vi)"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Is poons the last woman..."
updated their Profile Page "Thank you for a fantastic Euromeet2010 ..."
- Wrote a Review Saqqara (most ancient Capital) about Sakkara : Step Pyramid in Cairo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Cairo
VideosSee All Videos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 11 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 52 photos, 8 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 2 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marbella Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- York Intro, 1 review, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 1 review, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos