"Homage to the Veda gods" Cambodia by Pierangelo
Cambodia Travel Guide: 8,707 reviews and 24,441 photos
The aim of my visit was looking for similarities and connections between Greek and Veda hindu mythology. I was satisfied to find intact traces of a high developed indo-european culture whereas in Europe our pagan tradition was so heavily and mercilessly destroyed by Christian church. I feel to belong to Angkor culture: Veda and Greek gods have the same attributes and character (like Indra and Zeus) and the Veda triad of Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva is the same as the Greek triad of Zeus-Poseidon-Hades.
You can see the results of my research on:
Commonly known as the valley of a 1000 Lingas, is set deep in the jungle to the north east of Angkor. A 45 minute steep walk takes you to the river and waterfalls where hundreds of phalluses are carved on the riverbed.
Cambodia's Tonle Sap, or Great Lake, is one of the unique geographical wonders of the world. It offers visitors insights into the centuries-old traditions of riparian life and the natural splendor of the country.
On the banks of the mighty Great Lake and the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers, Khmers have celebrated for over two hundred years the changing of the river's flow. During the rainy season the Tonle Sap River reversed direction, flooding the lake, increasing its size almost tenfold, making it the largest freshwater body in Southeast Asia. In the flood season, water engulfs surrounding forests, regulating agricultural production by ensuring that the countryside is covered with fresh, fertile silt for rice cultivation.
If you go to Kbal Spean fall you can see along the road a very interesting rural area of people living in palafitte... more travel advice
A long time go, both gods and demons had been weakened by the failiure of Amrita and some other precious things to... more travel advice
- See All Indiana Jones temple
- See All Every night one girl for the king
- Tonle soap lake
- Inside Angkor go to.......Sophal shop!
- Motobike packing
- Tonle Sap lake
Pierangelo's Related Pages
Cambodia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MORE THAN JUST THE ANGKOR TEMPLES"
- "The country of Angkor"
- "Angkor Archeological Park, Cambodia"
- "Sharrie's Cambodia Dignity"
- "Cambodia 2002"
- "Ancient temples and smiling Khmers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambodia
- Hotels in Cambodia
- Transportation in Cambodia
- Nightlife in Cambodia
- Restaurants in Cambodia
- Shopping in Cambodia
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambodia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambodia
- 19 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cambodia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambodia
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 35 reviews, 215 photos, 7 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 11 reviews, 227 photos, 24 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 11 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Algeria Intro, 10 reviews, 160 photos, 15 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 19 reviews, 138 photos, 13 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues