"The Siberia of Rasputin" Russia by Pierangelo
Russia Travel Guide: 14,431 reviews and 36,785 photos
All my pics at original size:
URAL 2002 was a Siberian expedition in search of Rasputin. We were 8 people (see our team travelogue) in three sponsorized Toyota Yaris. Our film reportage was realized by Luciano Bovina: 12.000 km. along Austria, Slovakia, Poland, Belarus; Latvia, Lithuania; the Russian cities of Moscow, Vladimir, Zagorsk, Nizhni Novgorod, Kazan, Ufa, Celjabinsk, Kurgan, Tjumen and finally the village of Pokrovskoe were Rasputin was born. Here we find Victor (in the picture) the descendant of Rasputin. There is a strong evidence of likeness with the potrait below: the monk Rasputin "sin" with the Victor's grandtmother, his maid-servant. Neverthless in the interviews we have with a "pope" and a pilgrim they denied the ladies' man fame of Rasputin (?). Going back we stop in St. Peterburg Jusupov house were Raputin was killed by an aristocracy conspiracy.<br>
Look some sequences of our <a href="http://www.lucianobovina.com/film/film_tabg.htm">URAL 2002 film</a>. Full text <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/bel_ceo/rasputin.htm">Italian</a>.
Rasputin is a much debated and controversial personage, from a remote village of Siberia he reached the magnificent halls and the banquets of Saint Petersburg. His force was to incarnate the holy and crazy sage of the Russian tradition, using religious values joined with the hypnotic fascination that he learned by the Flagellants sect.
In my personal point of view I think he is a negative figure because, like all seducers, he "pretended" with women and with the tsarina for his own power-thirsty. His vanity was fatal for the tsar rule: working on the tsarina he dismissed all the ministers, isolating the tsar and unintentionally preparing the Bolshevik revolution.
All my pics at original size: http://www.pbase.com/sibir If you plan to go to Russia you must study Russian language,... more travel advice
All my pics at original size: http://www.pbase.com/sibir Looking this picture I had like a Stendhal syndrome. Along... more travel advice
- Toyota Yaris
- Winter palace in Spb
- Police ever stops us!
- Fishing on a glaced lake
Pierangelo's Related Pages
Russia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What an interesting country & great architecture !"
- "Once upon a time in Russia..."
- "Russia - my native country"
- "Russia is my second home"
- "Sharrie's Russia Kremlin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Russia
- Hotels in Russia
- Transportation in Russia
- Nightlife in Russia
- Restaurants in Russia
- Shopping in Russia
- Warnings and Dangers in Russia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Russia
- 13 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Russia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Russia
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 35 reviews, 215 photos, 7 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 11 reviews, 227 photos, 24 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 11 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Algeria Intro, 10 reviews, 160 photos, 15 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 19 reviews, 138 photos, 13 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues