"The Siberia of Rasputin" Russia by Pierangelo

Russia Travel Guide: 14,431 reviews and 36,785 photos

All my pics at original size:

URAL 2002 was a Siberian expedition in search of Rasputin. We were 8 people (see our team travelogue) in three sponsorized Toyota Yaris. Our film reportage was realized by Luciano Bovina: 12.000 km. along Austria, Slovakia, Poland, Belarus; Latvia, Lithuania; the Russian cities of Moscow, Vladimir, Zagorsk, Nizhni Novgorod, Kazan, Ufa, Celjabinsk, Kurgan, Tjumen and finally the village of Pokrovskoe were Rasputin was born. Here we find Victor (in the picture) the descendant of Rasputin. There is a strong evidence of likeness with the potrait below: the monk Rasputin "sin" with the Victor's grandtmother, his maid-servant. Neverthless in the interviews we have with a "pope" and a pilgrim they denied the ladies' man fame of Rasputin (?). Going back we stop in St. Peterburg Jusupov house were Raputin was killed by an aristocracy conspiracy.<br>
Look some sequences of our <a href="http://www.lucianobovina.com/film/film_tabg.htm">URAL 2002 film</a>. Full text <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/bel_ceo/rasputin.htm">Italian</a>.
<BGSOUND SRC="http://sites.uol.com.br/1000midis/enigmasad.mid">

Saint or devil?

Rasputin is a much debated and controversial personage, from a remote village of Siberia he reached the magnificent halls and the banquets of Saint Petersburg. His force was to incarnate the holy and crazy sage of the Russian tradition, using religious values joined with the hypnotic fascination that he learned by the Flagellants sect.
In my personal point of view I think he is a negative figure because, like all seducers, he "pretended" with women and with the tsarina for his own power-thirsty. His vanity was fatal for the tsar rule: working on the tsarina he dismissed all the ministers, isolating the tsar and unintentionally preparing the Bolshevik revolution.

• Last visit to Russia: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 17, 2003

• kikalena's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 10:51 AM

And I must add, I love your Syberian page as well! Especially nature and portraits of happy people! I wish I could m\eet them all!

• heplion's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2003 at 11:53 PM

Fantastic page! A car trip across Russia would be fantastic, if not patience trying....

• suvaa003's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2003 at 12:17 PM

what a grat page, I wished I could have met you there

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2003 at 3:49 AM

A wonderful page and Excellent pics ! Russia is such a great place to go, even if it is hard to understand sometimes with OUR mentality...

• Jan 20, 2003 at 5:20 PM

Your travelogs have rendered me speechless.

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2003 at 5:45 PM

What a wonderful trip...thanks for sharing your pics!

• maritagnes's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2002 at 10:21 PM

Fantastic photography and journey, you really capture the inner soul of Mother
    Russia!

• grishaV1's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2002 at 9:53 PM

Such great adventure across Russia!!

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2002 at 9:08 AM

Stop ! police control, so really ! don t forget how russian are pleasant

• Rubik's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2002 at 6:18 AM

the pic with old woman selling different hats is something...........

Pierangelo