"You only live once" altizachen's Profile

Escape from the routine

People always ask me, "Why do you take a little vacation every other month?" The answer is simple... to get away from it all. I work in a very stressful and demanding job, there are times when I must escape in order to keep sane and traveling is the best way. It doesn't matter if I visit another city in my State of California or a rustic village in Mexico. Meeting different people, eating strange dishes, visiting sights that you have only read about, and learning to say cheers in other languages. These are the things that make my life a life. I don't want to be 80 years old and regret the things that I never did.

When I come back from a trip (be it a 3-day car drive to the mountains or a 2-week stay in the desert) I come back refreshed and revitalized. The best of all, I have a deeper respect for life and what it has to offer.

When my day to day routine gets tough there is no better feeling then knowing in a few weeks or months, I will be somewhere else away from the daily chaos.

While planning a recent trip I found this VT website. Fantastic! A travelers dream comes true. Anything I want to know about anywhere... it's here. In due time I will contribute my experiences to help benefit and intrigue others.

May all your travels be fruitful.

Benjamin

• Intro Updated Sep 22, 2004

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Sienlu's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Happy birthday Benjamin

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 6:50 PM

altizachen is a great screen name - have a happy birthday and a healthy upcoming year.

• Sharon's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 2:37 AM

Pack yourself and drive to the Sin city..... :-) If you want to have a drink i may be available on Friday afternoon otherwise enjoy... and try Not to stay in Ashdod :-)

• carfan's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 12:13 AM

Hi, know how u feel about getting away.I know Scotland a bit far for a short brreak but u'd be very welcome.

• travelightly's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 8:14 PM

Trick or treat? Have you been working too hard. Here's a Halloween treat fro you: http://wonderofitall.com/

• AcornMan's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2004 at 1:41 PM

I hear you're visiting Poland for the first time soon. I just got back from my first trip there a couple weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Enjoy your trip.

• PolishChick's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 12:27 PM

Hope you have tons of fun in Poland! Greetings from Warsaw, Dorota :)

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2004 at 3:38 AM

You know, someone else asked me that same question-LOL!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!