"You only live once" altizachen's Profile
People always ask me, "Why do you take a little vacation every other month?" The answer is simple... to get away from it all. I work in a very stressful and demanding job, there are times when I must escape in order to keep sane and traveling is the best way. It doesn't matter if I visit another city in my State of California or a rustic village in Mexico. Meeting different people, eating strange dishes, visiting sights that you have only read about, and learning to say cheers in other languages. These are the things that make my life a life. I don't want to be 80 years old and regret the things that I never did.
When I come back from a trip (be it a 3-day car drive to the mountains or a 2-week stay in the desert) I come back refreshed and revitalized. The best of all, I have a deeper respect for life and what it has to offer.
When my day to day routine gets tough there is no better feeling then knowing in a few weeks or months, I will be somewhere else away from the daily chaos.
While planning a recent trip I found this VT website. Fantastic! A travelers dream comes true. Anything I want to know about anywhere... it's here. In due time I will contribute my experiences to help benefit and intrigue others.
May all your travels be fruitful.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 14 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on gwened's profile page
- Posted in Travel France Forum "Re: Brittany and Burgundy"
- Uploaded a Photo to "slip away from reality"
- created a Estado de Baja California Sur Travel Page "slip away from reality"
- Wrote a Review The old Jewish Cemetery about Jewish Cemetery in Prague Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "You only live once"
Top 5 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Poland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Virginia Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
No friends yet.