Moscow Favorite Tips by mulivieri
Moscow Favorites: 312 reviews and 383 photos
Favorite thing: <b>Pobedy Park</b> On the road to the airport you'll find the 'Victory Park', here you'll find a long avenue with garden and fountains, the Patriotic Big War Museum as the russian calls the IIWW, and in the middle of the avenue you'll see an obelisk dedicated to Nike (the Greek goddess of victory).
Fondest memory: At the start of that avenue ther's a big flowrs clock. It's a beautiful place for take a picture besides it's in use and it's very precise.
Favorite thing: In Moscow you can use the underground for your moving, so you can move speedly and you can see the inside of the metro stations. They are very nice and are all different from each others; they are like monument, they are very big.
Fondest memory: Only a tip: if you like to use the underground is better if you'll buy a ticket carnet becouse is more cheaper (50-60%) then one way ticket.
Favorite thing: You can go to see the <i>Novodevièij Monastyr'</i>, it's a beautiful monastery. Inside in the courtyard you'll find a bell-tower a nice church, dormitory and czarinas tombs. The monastery name means Virgin Monastery or Our Lady of Smolensk and it's the second holy monument of Moscow after the Cremlin. Here the czarinas or the czar daughters were leaved for all their lives, like prisoners in a gold cage (I'm not able to explain well this concept in English, sorry).
Fondest memory: Near the monastery you'll find the Novodevicij cemetery. It's a famous place becouse here there are the tombs of some important person, like Raissa Gorbaciova, Gogol, Nikita Hruscev, Ejsenstejn, etc...
Favorite thing: I suggest you to visit the Gorky Park, is quite pretty, unfortunally now the park is divided in two separate zone; the park and a play zone (like EuroDisney but not so big). I dont't like this new zone, I think it was better when it was just a park, where you can walk in the silence.
Favorite thing: <b>Hram Hrista Spasitelja</b> One church that I visit and that I'd like very much is the Church Of The Saver (I don't know if the english traslation is correct). It's very big and all you see inside is beautiful. In the ground floor there's the church, instead underground you'll find a place like a museum where you'll find the photografic history of the church: <i>This church is very young becouse is only from the 1997 that exists. Now I try to explain you: the church was made from the 1837 to 1883, but after in 1931 it was been destroyed for building a Soviet Palace that never been build. Instead of the Soviet Palace were buided a swimming-pool (the biggest hot-water swimming-pool of the world). In 1997 the church was rebuild like was in the origin for the Moscow 850° anniversary. </i>
Favorite thing: Ok! If you're in Moscow certainly you must see the Cremlin, The Lenin Mausoleum and all the Red Square sites. In the photo you can see the Troickaja Tower (is a bit dark); the Cremlin enter door.
Fondest memory: The best Moscow place for me is the <a href='http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.32408/article/1367/4/?s=L'>Cremlin</a>, so I edit a travelogue about it: click the link above or refer to my Cremlin travelogue page for more info.
More Reviews (8)
mulivieri's Related Pages
Moscow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Moscow..."
- "Memories of Moscow"
- "Mother Russia"
- "Moscow is my Universe"
- "Marvellous Moscow"
- "Moscow - Thrilling capital of Russia"
- "MOSCOW !!! MOCKBA !!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moscow
- Hotels in Moscow
- Transportation in Moscow
- Nightlife in Moscow
- Restaurants in Moscow
- Shopping in Moscow
- Warnings and Dangers in Moscow
- See All...
Explore the World
- Batu Kurau
- San Benedetto del Tronto
- Waterville Hotels
- Campalto Hotels
- Friedrichshafen Hotels
- Wenkheim Hotels
- São Luís
Badges & Stats in Moscow
- 14 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moscow
- Posted in Travel Greater London Forum "Re: Trains from London Inside &..."
- Wrote a Review Pobedy Park On the road to the... about Other places to see in Moscow Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "I suggest you to visit the..."
- created a Moscow Travel Page "Moscow by Marco Ulivieri"
- Commented on one of kiss007's Moscow travel pages
Photos in MoscowSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zagreb Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- San Marino Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (18)
Latest Moscow hotel reviews
- Kebur Palace Hotel Moscow
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- President Hotel Moscow
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Korston Hotel And Casino Moscow
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Marriott Tverskaya
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Vega Hotel Moscow
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Maxima Irbis
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 16, 2013
- Slavyanka Hotel Moscow
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Golden Ring
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Home from Home Hostel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2012
- Novotel Moscow Centre
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 19, 2013
- Eridan Aparthotel Moscow
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2012
- Salyut Hotel Moscow
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 27, 2013
- Suharevka Bed and Breakfast
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Kremlin- 229 Reviews, 376 Photos
- Red Square- 121 Reviews, 194 Photos
- KGB Headquarters Lubyanka- 29 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Tverskaya Street- 34 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Red Square - Saint Basil Cathedral- 64 Reviews, 130 Photos
- VDNKh Exhibition- 36 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Arbat Street- 39 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Vorobievy Hills- 41 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Metro- 57 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Red Square - G.U.M. - Gosudarstevemy Universahy Magazin- 34 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All Moscow Things to Do