"Muonio" Muonio by tpk2
Muonio Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 20 photos
Muonio is a village in Finnish Lapland with 2 and half thousand citizens. It lies on the Finnish-Swedish border and there is a border crossing on the bridge close to the center.
The area has been inhabited since the stone ages. The first Finn to settle to the area was Olli Ollinpoika Tukki in year 1575. Muonio is the home of the Pallas-Ounastunturi national park and offers wonderful possibilities for cross-country skiing.
I was staying in Pekonen for a week for cross-country skiing. The skiing tracks started just from the corner of the... more travel advice
tpk2's Related Pages
Muonio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A fantastic town in the Lappi region"
- "Muonio, for us just a stop "en route""
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Muonio
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Muonio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muonio
- Posted in Travel Bosnia and Herzegovina Forum "Re: Accomodation in Sarajevo &..."
- Commented on one of Cristian_Uluru's Muonio travel pages
- created a Muonio Travel Page "Muonio"
- Wrote a Review A restaurant in the center of the village in Muonio Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice cottages in Muonio"
Top 10 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Split Intro, 31 reviews, 28 photos
- Hvar Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Pretoria Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Varna Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Lobamba Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lusaka Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Brasov Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dalmatia - Split Region Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.