"Gaborone - The capital of Botswana" Top 5 Page for this destination Gaborone by tpk2
Gaborone Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 122 photos
Botswana's capital Gaborone, with 200 thousand inhabitants, is sometimes dubbed as the s fastest growing city in Africa. The city was named after Chief Kgosi Gaborone. The seat of government was transferred to Gaborone in 1965, a year before Botswana became independent of Great Britain. It lies 15 km from the South African border, in a valley between two hills, Kgale and Oodi. The Notwane River flows nearby.
The main points of interest in Gaborone are the National Museum & Art Gallery and The Main Mall, the city center with shops and monuments.
- Pros:You won't be bothered by too many tourists!
The National Museum and Art Gallery of Botswana was opened in 1968, few years after the country gained its independence.... more travel advice
Gran Palm is a pleasant casino that offers several restaurants and bars, over 130 slot machines and 8 table games,... more travel advice
tpk2's Related Pages
Gaborone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SMALL CAPITAL"
- "Dumela Botswana"
- "Gaborone: a capital city w/ a strange design"
- "Gaborone - The capital of Botswana"
- "Gaborone - Capital city of Botswana"
- "GOING TO GABS"
- "One day in Gaborone"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gaborone
- Hotels in Gaborone
- Transportation in Gaborone
- Nightlife in Gaborone
- Restaurants in Gaborone
- Shopping in Gaborone
- Warnings and Dangers in Gaborone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gaborone
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Gaborone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gaborone
Top 10 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Split Intro, 31 reviews, 28 photos
- Hvar Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Pretoria Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Varna Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Lobamba Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasov Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lusaka Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Dalmatia - Split Region Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.