"Beautiful Dalmatia" Top 5 Page for this destination Dalmatia - Split Region by tpk2
Dalmatia - Split Region Travel Guide: 1,829 reviews and 5,141 photos
Split is the economic and administrative center of Dalmatia. It is also the biggest town in the area with about 200,000 inhabitants. The Diocletian Palace is a must-see for anyone visiting Dalmatia. (See my Split page for more..)
Dalmatian coast is full of beautiful islands. The port of Split has daily ferry connections to the islands of Hvar and Brac, among others.
Don't miss the historical towns of Trogir and Solin closeby Split.
Trogir is a historic town (part of the UNESCO World Heritage list) in Dalmatia around 30 kms from Split. The history of the town reaches back to 3rd century BC, when it was founded by Greeks.
On the location of Solin, there once ancient town of Salonae, the capital of the Roman province of Dalmatia. You can visit the ruins on the outskirts of Solin.
An old Dalmatian stone house is not complete if it does not have "skure", green window shutters that give Dalmatian... more travel advice
Perhaps the most beatiful location in Dalmatia is Island Hvar. In addition, the Island has numerous historical towns... more travel advice
tpk2's Related Pages
Dalmatia - Split Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Split region"
- "Split, Dalmatia, Croatia"
- "Beautiful Dalmatia"
- "Central Dalmatia- Split region"
- "An adventure holiday in Dalmatia"
- "Croatia / Adriatic seaside"
- "Wellcome on Island Brac Postira"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dalmatia - Split Region
- Hotels in Dalmatia - Split Region
- Transportation in Dalmatia - Split Region
- Nightlife in Dalmatia - Split Region
- Restaurants in Dalmatia - Split Region
- Shopping in Dalmatia - Split Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Dalmatia - Split Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dalmatia - Split Region
- 61 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Dalmatia - Split Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dalmatia - Split Region
Top 10 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Split Intro, 31 reviews, 28 photos
- Hvar Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Pretoria Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Varna Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Lobamba Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lusaka Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Brasov Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalmatia - Split Region Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.