"Welcome to TPK's page" tpk2's Profile

On the Move

I'm a Finn, living nowadays in Finland and Croatia (in Australia 2008). I've also spent longer periods of time in Norway and South Africa. I've done some motorcycle and bicycle trips in Europe, but to more distant locations I usually prefer a "boring" flight.

I travel because of my work few times per year. On vacations, my wife, who has also been bitten by the traveling bug big time, joins me for the journeys. Yes, I DO like to travel ;)

These are my travel records so far:
Continents visited: 5 (Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia, North America)
Countries visited: 39
Most countries visited in one year: 25 (2005)
Countries I have driven in: 26
-By motorcycle: 19
-By car: 11
-By bicycle: 4

Countries I have worked in: 6 (Finland, Croatia, Norway, South Africa, Zambia, Australia)

Favourite towns

Of all the places I have been so far, Cape Town (South Africa), Dublin (Ireland) and Dubrovnik (Croatia) are my favourites. The whole Northern Queensland area in Australia was a great experience.

But well, world is full of great places. I still have many left to see..

Favourite spots

Thinking of the wonders of nature, Victoria Falls in Livingstone, Zambia was truly an amazing experience. Cliffs of Moher , Ireland is another of my favourite spots.

See my travel pages for more.

Through Europe on motorcycle

The longest trip in terms of time spend traveling was the 8-week trans-Europe motorcycle trip in summer 2005. I was driving for four weeks and some 9,000 km. I'd like to do a trans-Africa trip on a bike as well, but well, I guess I'm not "crazy" enough for that. Africa can be a bit dangerous for a motorcycle traveler, especially with all my camera gear. Another, a bit "milder" option would be to drive with a car trough Australia..

Recent trips

In 2006 I visited Lusaka and Livingstone in Zambia, Bremen (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Lisbon (Portugal), Malaga (Spain) and Catez (Slovenia).

In 2007 my travels took me to Tallinn (Estonia), Krka National Park (Croatia), Dubrovnik & Hvar (Croatia), Romania, Bulgaria and Budapest (Hungary).

In 2008, I visited Finland from Croatia a couple of times, before moving to Sydney, Australia with my wife. In OZ we have seen places like Berrima, Canberra, Wollongong and Northern Queensland (Cairns, Port Douglas and Cooktown). Next stop Red Center!

Wants to go..

On top of my wish list at the moment is Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

• Intro Updated Jul 24, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
tpk2's Profile Photo

tpk2

“"To be on a quest is nothing more or less than to become an asker of questions."”

Real Name