"Welcome to TPK's page" tpk2's Profile
I'm a Finn, living nowadays in Finland and Croatia (in Australia 2008). I've also spent longer periods of time in Norway and South Africa. I've done some motorcycle and bicycle trips in Europe, but to more distant locations I usually prefer a "boring" flight.
I travel because of my work few times per year. On vacations, my wife, who has also been bitten by the traveling bug big time, joins me for the journeys. Yes, I DO like to travel ;)
These are my travel records so far:
Continents visited: 5 (Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia, North America)
Countries visited: 39
Most countries visited in one year: 25 (2005)
Countries I have driven in: 26
-By motorcycle: 19
-By car: 11
-By bicycle: 4
Countries I have worked in: 6 (Finland, Croatia, Norway, South Africa, Zambia, Australia)
Of all the places I have been so far, Cape Town (South Africa), Dublin (Ireland) and Dubrovnik (Croatia) are my favourites. The whole Northern Queensland area in Australia was a great experience.
But well, world is full of great places. I still have many left to see..
The longest trip in terms of time spend traveling was the 8-week trans-Europe motorcycle trip in summer 2005. I was driving for four weeks and some 9,000 km. I'd like to do a trans-Africa trip on a bike as well, but well, I guess I'm not "crazy" enough for that. Africa can be a bit dangerous for a motorcycle traveler, especially with all my camera gear. Another, a bit "milder" option would be to drive with a car trough Australia..
In 2006 I visited Lusaka and Livingstone in Zambia, Bremen (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Lisbon (Portugal), Malaga (Spain) and Catez (Slovenia).
In 2007 my travels took me to Tallinn (Estonia), Krka National Park (Croatia), Dubrovnik & Hvar (Croatia), Romania, Bulgaria and Budapest (Hungary).
In 2008, I visited Finland from Croatia a couple of times, before moving to Sydney, Australia with my wife. In OZ we have seen places like Berrima, Canberra, Wollongong and Northern Queensland (Cairns, Port Douglas and Cooktown). Next stop Red Center!
On top of my wish list at the moment is Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 247 Reviews
- 393 Photos
- 24 Countries
- 64 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- updated a Bucharest Travel Page "Bucharest - The capital of Romania"
- Wrote a Review Cairns- Cooktown by air in Cooktown Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cairns- Cooktown by air"
- Posted in Travel Bosnia and Herzegovina Forum "Re: Accomodation in Sarajevo &..."
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to TPK's page"
- Commented on diosh's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Split Intro, 31 reviews, 28 photos
- Hvar Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Pretoria Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Varna Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Lobamba Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasov Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lusaka Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalmatia - Split Region Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.