"Welcome to TPK's page" tpk2's Profile
I'm a Finn, living nowadays in Finland and Croatia (in Australia 2008). I've also spent longer periods of time in Norway and South Africa. I've done some motorcycle and bicycle trips in Europe, but to more distant locations I usually prefer a "boring" flight.
I travel because of my work few times per year. On vacations, my wife, who has also been bitten by the traveling bug big time, joins me for the journeys. Yes, I DO like to travel ;)
These are my travel records so far:
Continents visited: 5 (Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia, North America)
Countries visited: 39
Most countries visited in one year: 25 (2005)
Countries I have driven in: 26
-By motorcycle: 19
-By car: 11
-By bicycle: 4
Countries I have worked in: 6 (Finland, Croatia, Norway, South Africa, Zambia, Australia)
Of all the places I have been so far, Cape Town (South Africa), Dublin (Ireland) and Dubrovnik (Croatia) are my favourites. The whole Northern Queensland area in Australia was a great experience.
But well, world is full of great places. I still have many left to see..
The longest trip in terms of time spend traveling was the 8-week trans-Europe motorcycle trip in summer 2005. I was driving for four weeks and some 9,000 km. I'd like to do a trans-Africa trip on a bike as well, but well, I guess I'm not "crazy" enough for that. Africa can be a bit dangerous for a motorcycle traveler, especially with all my camera gear. Another, a bit "milder" option would be to drive with a car trough Australia..
In 2006 I visited Lusaka and Livingstone in Zambia, Bremen (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Lisbon (Portugal), Malaga (Spain) and Catez (Slovenia).
In 2007 my travels took me to Tallinn (Estonia), Krka National Park (Croatia), Dubrovnik & Hvar (Croatia), Romania, Bulgaria and Budapest (Hungary).
In 2008, I visited Finland from Croatia a couple of times, before moving to Sydney, Australia with my wife. In OZ we have seen places like Berrima, Canberra, Wollongong and Northern Queensland (Cairns, Port Douglas and Cooktown). Next stop Red Center!
On top of my wish list at the moment is Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 247 Reviews
- 393 Photos
- 24 Countries
- 64 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- updated a Bucharest Travel Page "Bucharest - The capital of Romania"
- Wrote a Review Cairns- Cooktown by air in Cooktown Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cairns- Cooktown by air"
- Posted in Travel Bosnia and Herzegovina Forum "Re: Accomodation in Sarajevo &..."
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to TPK's page"
- Commented on diosh's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Split Intro, 31 reviews, 28 photos
- Hvar Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Pretoria Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Varna Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Lobamba Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lusaka Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Brasov Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dalmatia - Split Region Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos