"Corfu - Ipsos" Kerkyra by mandybailey
Kerkyra Travel Guide: 379 reviews and 851 photos
I couldn't believe how beautiful Corfu is! So green and so much prettier than anywhere I'd been for a summer sun holiday before! In the parts that I saw you can forget high rise hotels and complexes, it was very low key and even the strip in Ipsos wasn't the usual eye sore that a strip can be! You should definitely hire a car! We drove across the island to a sandy beach and drove through the green mountains along the way, it was well worth the journey for the views alone! Dont be put off by the stoney beaches, at most parts it's sandy by the time you reach the water and beds are cheap to hire. The sea really is amazing, so clear and warm. I cant speak highly enough of corfu, the people, the food, the scenery, it's a beautiful island!
Corfu Town really is worth a visit, we went by boat from Ispos which was inexpensive and good fun. It's nice of an evening with lots of restaurants and shops and markets.
We stayed in Dominoes apartments, the owner is a friend of a distant relative who recommended it and I loved it, the hospitality was fantastic, all very personal and friendly. I couln't have asked to have stayed anywhere nicer, who needs a 5* hotel when this place is clean, well equiped, traditional style and with great friendly service thrown in! Oh - they love love love kids! And beware - if you go once you want to go back again and again to visit your new friends at Dominoes!
- In a nutshell:Stunning!
mandybailey's Related Pages
Kerkyra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval atmosphere which is unique in Greece."
- "Emerald Island"
- "Two fortresses protect Kerkyra"
- "Kerkyra(Corfu Town)"
- "Corfu in a box"
- "Corfu Town Photos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kerkyra
- Hotels in Kerkyra
- Transportation in Kerkyra
- Nightlife in Kerkyra
- Restaurants in Kerkyra
- Shopping in Kerkyra
- Warnings and Dangers in Kerkyra
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kerkyra
- 1 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kerkyra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kerkyra
Photos in KerkyraSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 6 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 5 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kerkyra Intro, 1 review, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Riga Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Latest Kerkyra hotel reviews
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013