"Lot's of Laughs in Madrid" Madrid by mandybailey
Madrid Travel Guide: 5,353 reviews and 10,916 photos
I went to Madrid with 7 female friends and we were hoping for a relaxing and fun weekend and Madrid didn't disapoint!
To summarise - we did a little siteseeing, a little shopping, had a few siesta's, we ate lots of tapas and paella, we spent an afternoon in the park on a gorgously sunny day and we made the most of the fabulous nightlife!
It was nice to spend a weekend in a city and not have a packed itinerary for siteseeing. Whilst there are lots of interesting things to see and art galleries to visit, we chose to have a lazy weekend instead and spent our days shopping, in the park and just wandering round the city centre, from one plaza to the next and looking out for notable sites along the way.
Some people would say that it's a shame we went to Madrid and didn't visit the wonderful Prado Gallery and its masterpieces, but I think we really experienced Madrid by just doing ordinary things and not being caught up in rushing from one tourist attraction to the next.
The thing I love most about Madrid is the cafe/restaurant/bar culture. It was so nice sitting out in the sun in a plaza having a drink surrounded by nice architecture. We tried to do things Spanish style so we'd have a late lunch and go out for dinner at 10; and at these times the restaurants were packed and buzzing, Madrid has a great social vibe.
- Pros:good food, good nightlife, great atmosphere, lots of fun
- In a nutshell:Have a siesta, then some tapas and then party!
mandybailey's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 6 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 5 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kerkyra Intro, 1 review, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Riga Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue