"Dubai" Dubai by ursa9
Dubai Travel Guide: 2,812 reviews and 8,425 photos
I've been to Dubai three times up to now. And I must say that each trip for itself was a special experience. Dubai has soo many different faces... and each time, another veil goes uncovered.
I have these mixed feelings about Dubai - it's a great city, but on the other hand, it's a city of contradictions, of abundance and misery, of conservative tradition and cutting-edge developments, rich cultural heritage and forbidden things...
Things I like about Dubai:
- sunny and warm weather
- kindess of people
- shopping (it's indeed a shopper's paradise)
- souks (although some sellers may get a bit annoying)
- Karama (-II-)
- a wide variety of cuisines
- ladies nights
- strange fruit and vegetable
- the smell of sandal wood
- beautiful sunsets
- Jumeirah beach
Things I don't like:
- taxi drivers
- poverty of some people (a wide gap between the rich and the poor)
- the position of women in society (this doesn't refer merely to Dubai)
- the fact that pets are quite rare
It's a paradise for tourists and it's the place where wildest dreams can come true.
In my opinion, Wild Wadi is the best place for taking pictures of Burj Al Arab. It offers splendid views not only to Burj but also to another well known hotel.
Someone told me that Burj has the highest tennis court in the world, but it's not true, there is actually a helipad at the top, not a tennis court (thanks, Jess :-).
- Pros:Modern, luxurious, beautiful architecture, kind people
- Cons:Expensive, conservative, too many forbidden things
- In a nutshell:The city of contrasts
I must say, the services at this hotel were superb! Everything was perfect! Welcome drinks, a welcome letter from the... more travel advice
It soo nice! You can collect beautiful shells, bathe in the warm sea, sleep under a palm tree :-), take pictures, read a... more travel advice
ursa9's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not all that glitters is gold..."
- "Nothing is Too Impossible in Dubai"
- "DESERT ROSE MONOLOGUES - A DUBAI AFFAIR"
- "DUBAI - The Pearl of Arabia"
- "Developing Dubai"
- "Dubai - a city growing before your eyes!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
Photos in DubaiSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Piran Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Bled Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Slovenia Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 4 travelogues
- Trogir Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brighton Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Bad Radkersburg Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue