VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

My Favorite Pages

Ventimiglia

Travel Map

Pijlmans's Profile Photo
Pijlmans Feb 19, 2017 at 11:06 AM

Maybe this could be interesting for you: Transfer your VT data with one click to Travellerpoint - Miscellaneous Forum

NiceLife's Profile Photo
NiceLife Feb 10, 2017 at 2:00 AM

I see VT is closing down, the march of social media trampling all in their path. Its been fun, but I guess it's time to move on. Do have a happy birthday.

Muscovite Feb 10, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Hi Andrew, thanks, good to hear from your! You must have bought up nearly all that jazz by now :)))I guess I'll try to get drafted to someplace with money, got tired of being a good Samaritan. And find a less conspicuous nick :))

Muscovite Feb 11, 2017 at 9:30 AM

And it looks like this year will see my last vacation in Nice. I now go for Home Exchange - not a chance to rent anything with today's currency rate - and there aren't so many people in Nice who would head to our places

DSwede's Profile Photo
DSwede Feb 8, 2017 at 6:34 AM

Hey, yes sad indeed. It took me about 5 weeks to save all my pages to my computer!

Muscovite Feb 8, 2017 at 6:38 AM

After all I think it may be even useless to waste the time and delete everything - they could have already saved the content before announcing VT it closing down

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    DSwede Feb 8, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Deleting them was for two reasons for me.. firstly, it was my check that I had saved that page. Secondly, "if" they hadn't copied the content yet, I wasn't going to give it to them for free.

sim1's Profile Photo
sim1 Feb 7, 2017 at 9:51 AM

Thanks Alla! They will be back on the WWW again! But it's going to take some time I am afraid. They will be added to my own website at www.sim1.se and also I will add them to the website Travbuddy.com where I am member Sim1 :-)

Muscovite Feb 7, 2017 at 11:57 PM

Great, Simona - I am making a list of VT contacts

rosata's Profile Photo
rosata Feb 6, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Wishing you a Happy Birthday, Alla!

• rosata's Profile Photo
    rosata Feb 7, 2017 at 8:44 AM

Sadly, no, but we may bump into one another in that part of the world one day!

Muscovite Feb 7, 2017 at 11:58 PM

Also in Nice - I posted a mini VTmeet but with the sad news no one seems to be interested...

Odiseya's Profile Photo
Odiseya Feb 6, 2017 at 9:08 AM

? ???? ????????!

Muscovite Feb 7, 2017 at 4:41 AM

??????????????????, ??????????!<br/>?????, ???? ?????? ????????...

Beausoleil's Profile Photo
Beausoleil Feb 6, 2017 at 7:42 AM

Hi Alla. Here is my last Virtual Tourist Happy Birthday to you. I hope you have a wonderful day and a year of Happy Travels. On to a Brave New World . . . Keep in touch.

Muscovite Feb 9, 2017 at 3:17 AM

However, they sent me a reminder to write some more tips for my Virtual Blogger card!

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Beausoleil Feb 9, 2017 at 7:55 AM

That's funny. I gave up on the blogger card. They sent it too late to use last year. I'm not writing any more tips here. Trying to get used to the other sites.

DAO's Profile Photo
DAO Feb 6, 2017 at 5:05 AM

? ???? ????????!

grayfo's Profile Photo
grayfo Feb 6, 2017 at 4:54 AM

Birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live ? Happy Birthday Alla and I will check to see if I can see why you can't find me in Travellerspoint.com (GrahamF_1956)

jojes's Profile Photo
jojes Jan 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM

Hi. Are you still planning on coming to Tongeren during your visit to Belgium? If so, send me a message here, so I can give you another way to stay in touch after VT closes down ...

• jojes's Profile Photo
    jojes Jan 9, 2017 at 6:20 AM

Heavy celebrations then :-)

Muscovite Jan 20, 2017 at 3:58 AM

Hi Jessika!<br/>Sorry not to respond earlier - first holidays, then catching up in the office...<br/>I must have been sort of dumbfounded and I did not pay attention then - so VT is closing? And what does one do with all the stuff one had accumulated with years?<br/>Anyway, I am surely coming to Tongeren - I have already the tickets to Brussels! I was going to set up a mini VT-meeting, but I think it is hardly feasible now, especially as I am for the first time in Brussels and cannot be sure I come on time myself.