"Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea" Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul by schwein
Seoul Travel Guide: 3,134 reviews and 8,080 photos
The Chinese have a saying: "May you live in interesting times."
It's seen as both a blessing, and a curse...
And it describes Seoul perfectly.
Of all the words you could use to describe this city: chaotic, crowded, colourful, noisy... 'boring' is definately not one of them.
I am currently living here. This page will be a work in progress.
View of southern Seoul (Gangnam, Daichi, Jamsil) as seen from Guryong-san on an unnaturally clear day.
There are roughly 20 million people in and around Seoul, with approx 10 million cars in the area. That makes for some pretty nanky air, and days like this are a treat.
Head to the mountains/towers right after it's rained, for the best views.
You can find the odd pocket of solitude in the city, if you explore a bit.
Sometimes you can even find a quiet place to sit in the grass, without having a soju-smelling security guard come up to blow a whistle in your face untill you move.
- Pros:interesting people, some cool sights
- Cons:constant noise, air pollution, CROWDED
- In a nutshell:definately an interesting place!
It took me a while to eventually get here... Wanted to go on a clear day, and those don't happen too often. Wait for a... more travel advice
For a sight/taste of Old Korea, head to the old-style market located at Moran. Everything for sale, from dogs and cats... more travel advice
- See All Flower City
- See All mountainbiking/hiking: Achasan &...
- DJ tunes and hotties everywhere
- See All Asahi Black :)
schwein's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 61 Reviews
- 204 Photos
- 36 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "Re: ATM use in Seoul"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Namsan tower & Fortress Wall"
- Wrote a Review Namsan tower & Fortress Wall about Namsan (South Mountain) and Seoul Tower in Seoul Things to Do
- updated a Seoul Travel Page "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- Commented on one of jburron's Seoul travel pages
Photos in SeoulSee All Photos (204)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 25 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panglao Island Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaesong Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos
- Osaka Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Kyongju Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos
- Phuket Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos