"The DMZ-The last Cold War Border" Kyonggi-do by syetan
Kyonggi-do Travel Guide: 281 reviews and 827 photos
So secretive is this border area that even the area open to tourists is unstated on Virtual Tourist-Panmunjom is on the Northern side according to VT, so where are we? The closest I can garner (with help from VT member Olddude and Lonely Planet) is Kyonggi-do, which I believe is a province rather than an exact location.
One can take a tour from the southern side, but your freedom is restricted. The biggets issue is the lack of photo taking opportunities-you can only take shots where you are told-which is usually where you don't want to take photos!!! Hence one needs to do the tour yourself. Tourist shots can't do it justice.
The tour takes you to the Freedom Bridge, to Dorasan station (last train stop before North Korea), Odusan Unification Observatory area (military area) the underground tunnels built by the North Koreans (no photos at all...) and of course Camp Bonifas (DMZ area at Panmunjom).
syetan's Related Pages
Kyonggi-do Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Siheung city"
- "KYONGGI-DO, SOUTH KOREA"
- "The DMZ-The last Cold War Border"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyonggi-do
- Hotels in Kyonggi-do
- Transportation in Kyonggi-do
- Nightlife in Kyonggi-do
- Restaurants in Kyonggi-do
- Shopping in Kyonggi-do
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyonggi-do
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyonggi-do
- 0 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kyonggi-do?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyonggi-do
Top 10 Pages
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos
- Kyonggi-do Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sepilok Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kampong Padas Valley Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sandakan Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyongju Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taebaek Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues