"Poring Hot Springs" Kampong Poring by syetan
Kampong Poring Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 51 photos
Poring Hot Springs is a bit of a misnomer as very few people now visit the hot springs per se. Indeed, it has been atrociously maintained over the years. The main reason to go there now (about an hour from the National Park by car, same entry ticket can be used) is to do the generally impressive canopy walk.
However, apart from the usual foreigners-pay-10000%-more-than-locals thing, there are also camera and video camera fees. Now the camera fee was RM5 but the video camera fee is RM30!!! Go figure...sometimes I feel that the entire park including the mountain is run by people unaccountable to anyone. They charge as they please. Why on earth we have to pay RM30 for a video camera is beyond me. They will check, so don't bother bringing it with you, or at least surrender your tape at the start/finish point. It's ridiculous anyway since all cameras thes days have video functions, which is what I did.
Do the canopy walk-I doubt you'll regret it. Everything else is passable only.
- Pros:canopy walk
- Cons:crazy video camera fee, badly maintained facilities
As usual, foreigners pay a lot more, and also for the canopy walk there's a crazy RM30 video camera fee-they will check... more travel advice
syetan's Related Pages
Kampong Poring Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot Springs, Jungle Trek & Canopy Tree Top Walk"
- "Poring Hot Spring"
- "PORING HOT SPRING"
- "Poring Hot Springs"
- "Poring Hot Springs"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Poring
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kampong Poring?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Poring
Photos in Kampong PoringSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos
- Kyonggi-do Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sepilok Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kampong Padas Valley Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sandakan Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyongju Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taebaek Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues