"Horses, cows, cow dung and a big tamu!!!" Kota Belud by syetan
Kota Belud Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 32 photos
Kota Belud is about an hour or so from KK (unless evil sister drives, then it is 10 minutes away...). It is one of the home of the Bajau people-the legendary horse riders of Sabah. Unfortunately I have no pictures of them on a horse.
Every Sunday there is a tamu (market) at Kota Belud where you can buy trinklets, other touristy goods, fruits, vegetables and everyday household items. Once a month there is also a horse race and once a year there is a mother of all tamus. Prices can be negotiated but I rather give them a dollar extra than give it to the shopkeeper selling souvenirs in KK.
I have very few photos, as it was one of those days when I was lazy to shoot, but I should have. There's plenty of cow dung on the ground, so beware!!
- Pros:Nice journey, different sort of market
- Cons:Cow dung, sometimes a lot of stalls are shut
syetan's Related Pages
Kota Belud Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birthplace of the Cowboys of the East"
- "Horses, cows, cow dung and a big tamu!!!"
- "The 50 Year-Old Village - Taginambur"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kota Belud
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kota Belud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Belud
Top 10 Pages
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos
- Kyonggi-do Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sepilok Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kampong Padas Valley Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sandakan Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyongju Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taebaek Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues