"Along the 101 California" Encinitas by ranger49
Encinitas Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 103 photos
The sprawling community of Encintas lies between Carlsbad and Solana Beach, about 20 minutes north of San Diego. It offers a contrast between the older settled "village" that grew up close to the coast and along the the 101 and the more recent inland development of New Encinitas a prosperous area with "gated communities" climbing up the hillside to cover the rural villages like Olivehain. Here ranch-type Homes, many with 2 acres of grounds, natural swimming pools, house some of the highest income households in California. But even here we noticed several "Bank Owned " and Foreclosure Sales signs - a grim indication of thepost banking crash times.
I liked the suburban village feel along main road.
It is a busy place with lots of shops, eating places and offices. The highway and the railway track run alongside each other carrying commuters on the Coaster and long distance travellers on the Surfliner.
Amongst the hustle and bustle it is quite easy to come across areas of greenery. This small community park, just a short distance from the main road, is a haven for dogs at certain times of the day , when under the superviaion of owners, they take some unleashed exercise.
At the bottom of the hill is the ocean. Not a bad place to live!
ranger49's Related Pages
Encinitas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yoga in Encinitas,"
- "Relax. Slow down. You're in Encinitas."
- "Relax in Encinitas"
- "balieyes's new Encinitas Page"
- "Lovely, Laid-Back Encinitas"
- "Along the 101 California"
- "Yubert's Encinitas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Encinitas
- Hotels in Encinitas
- Transportation in Encinitas
- Nightlife in Encinitas
- Restaurants in Encinitas
- Warnings and Dangers in Encinitas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Encinitas
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Encinitas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Encinitas
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue