"Monte Carlo" Monte-Carlo by ranger49
Monte-Carlo Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 644 photos
Once on a holiday in Provence back in the early 90's 3 out of the 5 couples which made up our family group decided to make a trip to Monaco - more specifically to Monte Carlo.
The youngest pair decided to stay at home and have the pool to themselves. We - the oldest couple - decided we did not want to visit the haunts of the rich and nearly famous and would rather visit the then little known Ile de Porquerolles - an excellent choice as it turned out.
Many years later, staying again on th Cote d'Azur with my brother and his wife, we set off very early to get to Menton and the Lemon Festival. After wasting over an hour when we arrived looking for a place to park we turned back and set off westwards towards our holiday home.
We went through Monaco -- so.. might as well have a look now we were there.
Once you have seen the rich and their toys it is much more interesting to look out for signs of evreyday, "normal" life. And there was plenty to be seen here.
I liked the scooter riders phut-phutting around til they came to a convenient stop and young lads havinf fun with the statuary.
It's a whole different world when you look at those boats!
ranger49's Related Pages
Monte-Carlo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monte Carlo is a district in Pricipality of Monaco"
- "Monte Carlo - Glitter and Glamour"
- "Another world"
- "Monaco- a place to be- for Income tax réfugés"
- "Monte Carlo"
- "The Principality of Monaco"
- "Monaco - small country, big impressions"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monte-Carlo
- Hotels in Monte-Carlo
- Transportation in Monte-Carlo
- Nightlife in Monte-Carlo
- Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
- Shopping in Monte-Carlo
- Warnings and Dangers in Monte-Carlo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monte-Carlo
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (163)
Have you been to Monte-Carlo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monte-Carlo
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue