""Schleswig" a Seaside Town on the Baltic" Schleswig by ranger49

Schleswig Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 42 photos

"Schleswig" - A charming place to relax in.

We spent a night here after spending a week with friends in Hamburg. It had been a busy time and we needed a break from travelling before continuing our journey to Denmark.
Schleswig was the perfect place to unwind - with more things to see and do than we had time for on such a short visit.

Next time we hope to visit Schloss Gottorf and Museum and nearby Haithabu, site of an original Viking Settlement and the Wikinger Museum.

On this visit we caught up on our sleep and enjoyed just wandering about the old town before visiting amazing Dom - St Peter's Cathedral.

A place for sailors

The River Schlei is a very popular with sailors and there is a small Marina next the the hotel we stayed in.

We collected lots of tourist leaflets before we left the town and as I read about all the things there are to do there I wished we were staying for a week or more.

• Intro Updated Mar 27, 2008

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2010 at 9:50 PM

What a view!! I love to sit at the water and this hotel seems perfect! Oh and the Dom is exciting!! Such a marvellous carving work! And thevault frescoes are similar to the ones I saw in Swedish churches!

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Nice small page! My relatives live there and always invite me to visit it :) One day I will make it ;) Greetings!

• Maria250's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Gee, I didn't know that little town of Schleswig has such a beautiful Dom! Thanks for sharing!!

ranger49

“See something worthwhile wherever you go.”

Badges & Stats in Schleswig

Have you been to Schleswig?

Latest Activity in Schleswig