""Schleswig" a Seaside Town on the Baltic" Schleswig by ranger49
Schleswig Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 42 photos
We spent a night here after spending a week with friends in Hamburg. It had been a busy time and we needed a break from travelling before continuing our journey to Denmark.
Schleswig was the perfect place to unwind - with more things to see and do than we had time for on such a short visit.
Next time we hope to visit Schloss Gottorf and Museum and nearby Haithabu, site of an original Viking Settlement and the Wikinger Museum.
On this visit we caught up on our sleep and enjoyed just wandering about the old town before visiting amazing Dom - St Peter's Cathedral.
The River Schlei is a very popular with sailors and there is a small Marina next the the hotel we stayed in.
We collected lots of tourist leaflets before we left the town and as I read about all the things there are to do there I wished we were staying for a week or more.
The first and last thing you see when arriving in, or leaving Schleswig is its high tower . The tower is not very old... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Schleswig Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A glimpse of Schleswig"
- "Bonio in Schleswig"
- ""Schleswig" a Seaside Town on the Baltic"
- "Picturesque City on the Baltic Sea"
- "An Eery Orange Glow"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schleswig
- Hotels in Schleswig
- Transportation in Schleswig
- Restaurants in Schleswig
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schleswig
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (158)
Have you been to Schleswig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schleswig
Photos in SchleswigSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue