"Newport, Pembrokeshire" Pembrokeshire Coast National Park by ranger49
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 181 photos
There are two Newports in South Wales within little more than 100 miles of each other - Newport, Gwent and Newport, Pembs.
Apart from the fact that they are both situated on an estuary they could not be more different.
My husband was born in the former but discovered Newport Pembs on a family holiday when he was still a teenager - and was keen to introduce me to this beautiful part of the world.
On my first visit I fell in love with the little town, the beautiful coast and countryside. It was like stepping back in time -- such an unhurried pace of life, real shops, no neon lights, glorious scenery.
I was hooked immediately!
Within the last decade there has been an influx of second home buyers - which has not been altogether to the advantage of the local economy. House prices of village homes have been pushed beyond the reach of many first time buyers but some newcomers have brought opportunities for new business with them so there is a bit of "swings and roundabouts "
The coast lies with the Pembrokeshire National Park Coastal Path and attracts visititors from near and far. Newport Beach with its expansive sands is popular with children and their families, riders and walkers. And the estuary and Bay provide opportunities for a bit of lazy mackerel fishing or for more energetic water sports !
For more information about the village see
A smart, but simple little restaurant with a wonderful location overlooking Newport Bay on the Parrog. At high tide... more travel advice
In the the streets on and off the main road that runs through the town you can find shops to meet almost all every day... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wales' Crowning Glory......."
- "Newport, Pembrokeshire"
- "West Coast of Wales"
- "Archaeologist's Paradise"
- "Pembrokeshire Coast National Park"
- "Stunning coastline"
- "Britains Only Coastal National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Hotels in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Restaurants in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Shopping in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- 10 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Pembrokeshire Coast National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: What is happening?"
- Wrote a Review Fresh Fish & Location, Location! in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Respect the Welsh language"
- updated a Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Travel Page "Newport, Pembrokeshire"
- Commented on one of Lyndra's Pembrokeshire Coast National Park travel pages
Photos in Pembrokeshire Coast National ParkSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue