"Rock - on the North Cornwall coast" Rock by ranger49
Rock Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 11 photos
This page should appear under Cornwall but the VT Database does not know that.
Rock - something of a misnomer for this delightful place where the golden sands contrast with the blue of the waters of the tidal estuary to create every one's image of a delightful beach.
The rocks in the foreground here are to act as a tidal defence.
We drove down the coast road through the village, past a few shops, hotels, guest houses and lots of neat cottages and bugalows until we ran out of road just near the Ferry Slip Point.
There is a car park right at the end (paying - as is usual around here).
From the car park you can join numerous trails around the headland and over the dunes onto the beach. Next to the Official carpark is the car park of the adjacent Rock Inn where parking is free to visitors/patrons.
This is a very popular spot for water sports and the RNLI mainstain a Boat Station here to assist in the event of any difficulties arising at sea.
A pedestrian only ferry makes the short trip across the water to the fishing port of Padstow throughout the day and evening.
As well as the ferry signs also indicated that a water taxi was available which we presumed would be bookable for small groups.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- Cons:Best to visit after high season
The RNLI raise money for their sea and coast resue work from (amongst other things) the shops to be found in many... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Rock Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Rock
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Rock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rock
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue