"St David's Pembrokeshire" Saint Davids by ranger49
Saint Davids Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 58 photos
The City of St David's located in the south west of Wales within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, is the size of a village and has many of the characteristics of a village - overlaid by the importance of its Cathedral and the activities that emanate from it.
It has been popular as a family holiday destination for as long as I can remember, not only because of the 13th century Cathedral and Bishop’s Palace but for the beautiful coastline and beaches which surround the village.
The experience of walking the coastal path - particularly in springtime when wild flowers are at their best attracts many walkers to the area.
Pembrokeshire is a county that attracts artists and craft makers to make their home there and open studios and galleries. Their importance to the cultural life and economy of the neighbourhood is recognised in the exhibition gallery now available within the Cathedral.
The musical life of the Cathedral is reflected by the many concerts which take place there throughout the year and every July it becomes a major venue for some of the principal concerts of the Fishguard Music Festival.
So it is because of the Cathdral that this little village enjoys City status - which was lost through administrative changes in the 19th century but conferred upon it by Queen Elixabeth 11 in 1994.
The religious life and activities of the Cathedral as “village church” stretch out in to the community attracting visitors from all over the world.
For information about admission times etc and more photographs, please see my General Tip on this Page.
This new gallery and landscape interpretation centre, opened in November 2008 must be one of the most up to date,... more travel advice
The ruins of this once magificent mediaeval building are adjacent to the Cathedral but are in the care of CADW the body... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Saint Davids Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St David's Pembrokeshire"
- "The Smallest City"
- "Two go camping in St Davids"
- "Tyddewi - tiny little city in a corner of Wales"
- "St. Davids"
- "St. David's, Wales.....coming soon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Davids
- Restaurants in Saint Davids
- Shopping in Saint Davids
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Davids
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Saint Davids?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Davids
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue