"Fornells - a village by the sea in Menorca" Fornells by ranger49
Fornells Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 16 photos
Several people recommended that we visit Fornells, describing it as one of the prettiest, coastal villages on the island. Somehow, having followed the map carefully we must have taken a wrong turning and ended up on what looked like any modern, charcaterless Urbanización.
Most of the low rise dwellings were shuttered up for the winter, a few holiday makers outside a small bar watched as we entered the estate and immediately turned about to leave.
By now we had realised where we made the mistake and retaced our path to drive down beside the long, large bay, harbour and village of Fornells.
We found a large car park on the harbour and although it was late September it was quite busy, but not so that the village seemed overcrowded, It is very pleasant to have a wander around the palm tree lined harbour and watch the boats coming and going - or just staying still - in the harbour. Even a quick glance over the indicated that pleasure boating and water sports are now more important here than fishing though a number of small fishing were moored alongside the quay and harbour wall.5s*
When we had a boat I was convinced that my husband spent more time just messing about with it than sailing it! There was aleays something that need adjusting, fixing or painting! And as I looked around the harbour still it seems this is still a very popular past-time.
After a walk around to view the shops - mainly typical seaside gift, souvenir and summer clothing -and choose a restaurant to return to for lunch after more sight seeing we headed up Torre de Fornells
- Pros:A nicely old fashioned, pretty seaside village
- Cons:None for us but likely to be busier in high season
- In a nutshell:Not to be confused with Plays den Fornells!
Furnells is noted for its seafood and has several recommended restaurants. We had decided upon one called, I think, "el... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Fornells Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fornells - a village by the sea in Menorca"
- "Fornells - Menorcas prettiest village"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fornells
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Fornells?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fornells
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue