"La Herradura" La Herradura by ranger49
La Herradura Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 5 photos
We had been on the road from Santander for three nights and reached the coast near La Herradura still too early to take up our holiday rental in Nerja. So decided to take a look at the beach.
It was the 2nd of February and a storm swept scene greeted us.
Many of the beach cafes and restaurants were badly damaged, a few appeared to be destroyed and the beach was strewn with debris and all kinds of flotsam and jetsam.
It was beginning to get dark but we could see lots of white villas on the hillside overlooking the beach and, running right down to the "road" that ran along the beach, typical narrow, stepped streets of small houses. Down the road there still gushedthe flow of the torrent caused by the rains and the melting snow from the hills above.
On the road there were a few solid built cafes, restaurants, a small apartment block/hotel - all closed.
On the beach there were a few people, perhaps cafe owners, examining the damage and collecting scattered chairs to stack alongside what remained of the property.
A sad and desolate scene.
ranger49's Related Pages
La Herradura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Best of Andalucia"
- "La Herradura"
- "La Herradura , Costa Tropical , Spain"
- "On the Border - Costa Tropical and Costa del Sol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Herradura
- Nightlife in La Herradura
- Restaurants in La Herradura
- Warnings and Dangers in La Herradura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Herradura
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (166)
Have you been to La Herradura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Herradura
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue