"Next door to Nerja" Maro by ranger49
Maro Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 7 photos
We first visited this white village, about 2 miles up the road from Nerja,close to the Caves, in the early 90s.
It was an attractive little village, seemed to be thriving and on the "Up".
There were a couple of recommended restaurants there but on our winter visits - always closed. We found there opening hours erratic in late Sept/early Oct. too so never got to sample them.
We enjoyed stopping off here for a walk on the breezy "promenade" and a cup of coffee in one of the bars.
The village was surrounded by small allotments - going right down to the edge of the cliff and to the sea in places . Each had a small shed as tool store and shelter from mid-day sun durieng siesta time.
Over the years we watched ithe village grow like Topsy - new apartment blocks, refurbished and new hotels.
But it a pretty little place and has become a popular "suburb" of Nerja.
ranger49's Related Pages
Maro Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maro
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (166)
Have you been to Maro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maro
Photos in MaroSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue