Nerja Shopping Tips by ranger49
Nerja Shopping: 6 reviews and 9 photos
You really can buy anything you are likely to want in Nerja and there is a good street market every Tuesday morning and a flea market/car boot sale on Sunday mornings.
And - for readers and booklovers there is a very well established book shop that sells English language books and newspapers.
It used to be called W.H.Smiffs - proclaimed on a sandwich board that used to stand at the entrance to the small arcade where it is located.
What to buy: If you run out of reading material and enjoy reading books set, and about, where you are I recommend -
For more serious reading:-
South from Granada by Gerald Brenan
The Spanish Labyrinth by Gerald Brenan
Iberia by James Michener
The New Spaniards by John Hooper ( 2nd Revised 2006 version)
Lighter reading about living in Spain now -
Driving over Lemons by Chris Stewart - and its two sequels -
A Parrrot in a Pepper Tree
The Almond Blosson Appreciation Society
Winter in Madrid by C.J.Sansom
The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Lucia Graves Translator)
What to pay: I usually find that buying English language books in Europe works out more expensive than buying before you go. But if you are desparate ....
Address: La Galeria, C/Almirante Ferrándiz 10, 29780 Nerja
Directions: The shop is in a small arcade - hairdresser at the entrance - in the street where the Post office is and very close to it. There is a sketch map on the website
Other Contact: Info@booksaboutspain.es
Phone: 952 52 3102
More Reviews (10)
ranger49's Related Pages
Nerja Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nerja, Costa del Sol, Spain."
- "Amapola's Nerja Page"
- "Nerja - we really enjoyed our time there!"
- "A strange mixture..........."
- "Life makes me visit it again and again"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nerja
- Hotels in Nerja
- Transportation in Nerja
- Nightlife in Nerja
- Restaurants in Nerja
- Shopping in Nerja
- Warnings and Dangers in Nerja
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nerja
- 11 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (193)
Have you been to Nerja?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nerja
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (40)
- Beaches- 13 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Balcón de Europa- 6 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Cuevas - Caves- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Old Town - Historical Centre- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Local Life- 6 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Alhama de Granada - Daytrip- 1 Review, 4 Photos
- Mountains- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Sayalonga - Daytrip- 1 Review, 4 Photos
- Fiestas- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Parque Verano Azul- 1 Review, 2 Photos
See All Nerja Things to Do