"Javea - a town under construction!" Jávea by ranger49

Jávea Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 156 photos

Javea then and now

My Title for this page was simply intended to make it clear that I intended to return to add some text but when I opened it now, it seemed apt - so it is staying!

Javea is under construction - if not destruction.

When we first went to spend a few weeks winter in Javea after we retired there were small orange farms within 5 minutes walk of this beach.

Now the construction of new developments seems to be going on everywhere you look and the character of the town is rather different. Even the climate seems to have changed so after a rather cold time of it on our last visit we decided to have a "holiday" from Javea.

I think we will go back one day because of the good memories we have of the town and the area and some of the people we have met there.

Spring in Spain

February and March can be lovely months to visit this part of Spain. There are fewer people about but some facilities are either closed for the winter or open shorter hours.

But the blossoms of the fruit trees and the oranges make a colourful sight as you drive through the country.

• Last visit to Jávea: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 5, 2008

• JennysTravels's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2009 at 4:29 AM

Hi Barbara. Thank you for the information on Javea. Your tips are great. Ill send my brother to your pages. All the best.

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM

The port area is also my favourite part of Javea. Thanks fr the memories. Mike

• TygerLyn's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Ah, sometimes things are best left in your memory! Luckily I have never been "drawn" by Spain although I would love to visit Toledo. Nice to hear from you.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2009 at 4:27 AM

Another interesting place to dream about. That promenade looks quite similar to one we have here in Manly, with the palm trees. The 'Golden Days' pass is a great idea. More hotels should make this available. Nice pictures, Barbara.

• nada1712's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2008 at 8:25 AM

Your pictures of Javea are lovely !

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 4:08 AM

What lovely photos to start your page......just beautiful. Thank you. Carole.

ranger49

“See something worthwhile wherever you go.”

Badges & Stats in Jávea