"Beuvron-en-Auge" Beuvron-en-Auge by ranger49
Beuvron-en-Auge Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 48 photos
This picture post-card pretty village receives many visitors but it was very quiet when we first arrived and while we wandered around admiring the lovingly preserved 17th and 18th century houses in typical Normandy style that line the small high street.
Such a picturesque, peaceful little place. Almost too perfect to be true!
The small covered market hall in the middle of the village has twice been destroyed by fire - the last time was in 1959.
It was reconstructed in 1975 using recovered timbers and stone in the authentic architectural styel of the original.
It no longer functions as a typical French market however but is home to a highly recommended restaurant Le Pave d'Auge-Le Pave d'Hotes - Menus from 36 - 55 euros and upwards; rooms from 80 - 110 euros. The restaurant was closed on the day we were there. There are aslo quite a lot of tiny arty crafty shops and a couple of galleries and antique shops. I guess all quite expensive because no prices were displayed.
Although the prettiness is a bit overwhelming - a bit too much like a chocolate box painting - for my liking - on a lovely sunny day it is a charming place to go walkabout.. We had seen a couple of attractive pavement cafes near the market so strolled back to sit awhile in the sun and watch the world go by.
Two coaches had arrived bringing visitors from the cruise ships in Le Havre and another that seemed to have come from Paris.
Suddenly everywhere was full and crowded so we abandoned that idea and went to explore some more. On the way up the street we were greeted in French by a charming Canadian lady from Quebec, travelling independently with her husband.
One of those nice little encounters to remember.
ranger49's Related Pages
Beuvron-en-Auge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beuvron en Auge in the Autumn"
- "Most Beautiful Village - BEAUVRON-EN-AUGE"
- "Route De Cidre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beuvron-en-Auge
- Restaurants in Beuvron-en-Auge
- Shopping in Beuvron-en-Auge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beuvron-en-Auge
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (156)
Have you been to Beuvron-en-Auge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beuvron-en-Auge
- Posted in Travel Mayapur Forum "Re: what is the package cost for..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beuvron-en-Auge"
- updated a Beuvron-en-Auge Travel Page "Beuvron-en-Auge"
- Wrote a Review Les Vieilles Maison de France in Beuvron-en-Auge Things to Do
- Commented on one of Beausoleil's Beuvron-en-Auge travel pages
Photos in Beuvron-en-AugeSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue