"Boulouris - the quieter Cote d'Azur in winter." Boulouris-sur-Mer by ranger49
Boulouris-sur-Mer Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
Boulouris is a busy urban village on the Corniche between St Raphael and Nice. In spite of a rash of new building - mainly low rise apartment blocks - it is still a place where French people live and work rather than a tourist enclave. There is a small attractive square ( with a lively weekly market) all the usual shops - boulangerie, boucherie-charcuterie, pharmacie, small corner shop supermarkets, la Presse and so on. Plus a railway station , post office, dentist, doctor and a couple of bars/cafes and restaurants. Within minutes of almost any address in the village you can be across the main road and on the coastal path where you can walk for as little or as long as your legs will take you.
The train will take you both east and west along the coast and by car you can travel up into the hills to visit "les villages perchées".
Although there are several restaurants in the village on 3 separate November visits we have found that not all of them open in the evenings at this time of year. It is rather nice to be able to eat in on dark evenings particularly as our apartment was warm and comfortable with good kitchen facilities - and excellent shopping in the village market and stores.
We have gone up to the Marina at Santa Lucia which is just before you get into St Raphael and found a lively selection of restaurants around the harbour there.
I had read about the house in Cagnes sur Mer where Renoir spent the last twelve years of his life.by which time he was... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Boulouris-sur-Mer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boulouris - the quieter Cote d'Azur in winter."
- "wonder beach plage strand"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boulouris-sur-Mer
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (162)
Have you been to Boulouris-sur-Mer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boulouris-sur-Mer
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Good bases for family trip"
- Commented on one of ranger49's Boulouris-sur-Mer travel pages
- Wrote a Review Go by train to Cagnes sur Mer to see Renoir's home in Boulouris-sur-Mer Things to Do
- updated a Boulouris-sur-Mer Travel Page "Boulouris - the quieter Cote d'Azur in winter."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Boulouris - the quieter Cote d'Azur in winter."
Photos in Boulouris-sur-MerSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue